vb:literal>

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

Default Route

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Heading across Route 9 will notice that there are a few new caches in the area........like 139 of them. You are coming to Maine and it has many beautiful places to visit. Both along the coast and inland. You'll be happy with which ever route you take.
    That's supposed to be a secret. With time constraints that road will be too much. It is really up to what you want. The shorter route my not have the caches you want.

Well, got some disappointing news.

Two of the three (not me) have a can't-change appointment on Aug. 12, which is the middle of this planned trip, so at this point, it looks like it will have to be canceled for now. We might try and come to the Portland area for a day or two, but after all this research, it looks as though we might have to can most of it.

Ah, that stinks!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Yeah, I'm highly disappointed. I'm trying to see if we can still pull off maybe a couple days or something, but I'm not sure. This might be something to save for the fall or something to see if we can put together 3-4-5 days to be able to at least do the coast part of the trip.

Believe me, I felt as though someone yanked something from me this morning when I was told.

Well, unfortunately, it's official. No Maine the week we were planning.

That being said, we're going to see if we can plan a long weekend (of like 4/5 days) sometime in the fall -- that way we get to see the colors and cache. I'll be crossing my fingers!

Keep us updated, there are still a lot of great caches in the Bangor to Acadia route!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Oh - and what about the weekend in September of the Get Useless in Eustis Event. An event on a Saturday and a bunch of caches in the area (and close to Canada too if you have your passport), some of the best color in the state, a nice campground (plus motels) in the area.........not the rockbound coast but the mountains of Maine.

So much to see in Maine - so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Oh - and what about the weekend in September of the Get Useless in Eustis Event. An event on a Saturday and a bunch of caches in the area (and close to Canada too if you have your passport), some of the best color in the state, a nice campground (plus motels) in the area.........not the rockbound coast but the mountains of Maine.

So much to see in Maine - so little time!
    I have that written down on my calendar. Not sure of my fall schedule yet with the sports season (I'm a sportswriter), so I'm playing by ear. Just hoping for a long weekend somewhere along the way and, at worst, being able to get to Bar Harbor and do some of those caches on the island and get some good photo ops. I'm crossing my fingers anyway!

Just wondering, as a sportswriter, have you ever written an article on geocaching?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Just wondering, as a sportswriter, have you ever written an article on geocaching?
    As a sportswriter, no. I personally don't think geocaching is a sport, rather a hobby.

As a writer? Yes. The newspaper I work for also has a quarterly magazine and I wrote a pretty in-depth piece on geocaching last year. It was a nice one to write as I talked to a couple of people at groundspeak and some others from around the country. It worked well because it was when I was first starting, so it helped me learn some things, too.