vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A meeting of my two obsessions...

Default A meeting of my two obsessions...

For those of you who have met me (or figured out my caching name) I'm a huge Jimmy Buffett fan and I am going down to see both shows in Mass next week. (Weather be damned). We are heading down with Suitedpair and we have a day off in the middle. We were thinking of caching the Cape. Does anyone have any suggestions for that area? Being from Rumford originally, I have to admit that I have never been there. Germany? Check. Turkey? Check. Japan? Check. Cape Cod, not yet.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Being from Rumford originally, I have to admit that I have never been there. Germany? Check. Turkey? Check. Japan? Check. Cape Cod, not yet.
    Sheesh! You've been to Turkey? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! You've been to Turkey? Where?
    I ended up spending a year and a half sitting on a mountaintop in Diyarbakir, Turkey down by the Iraq/Iran border. We travelled a lot though and I got to go to Adana, Ankara, Istanbul, Van, Nemrut Dag, Antalya ect. I was never much into staying on base. Diyarbakir is in the heart of "Kurdistan" so things were a little tight with the Turks sometimes, but overall I found them to be great people and I had a really good time. I would love go to back, there is something to be said about driving over a Roman bridge to get to a fortress that is 3000+ years old. Did you end up over there?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I ended up spending a year and a half sitting on a mountaintop in Diyarbakir, Turkey down by the Iraq/Iran border. Did you end up over there?
    We lived in Izmir for 3 1/2 years, and also traveled a lot. Spent one vacation driving to Adana and back. That was a great trip. We'd love to go back as well. We were in Morocco last year, and it reminded us of how much we missed Turkey. Can't get a decent shish or doner kebab anywhere around here! LOL!

I cache on the cape every year while I am there and have run into a few cool caches and a few lame ones. I don't recall any right off the top of head though. Nothing that really stands out like "Who Pulled the Plug" south of Boston. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We lived in Izmir for 3 1/2 years, and also traveled a lot. Spent one vacation driving to Adana and back. That was a great trip. We'd love to go back as well. We were in Morocco last year, and it reminded us of how much we missed Turkey. Can't get a decent shish or doner kebab anywhere around here! LOL!
    My main impression of Adana was the construction methods. Instead of metal scaffolding and big beams, they were using what looked like bamboo for structural material in multi story buildings! I couldn't believe they stayed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    My main impression of Adana was the construction methods. Instead of metal scaffolding and big beams, they were using what looked like bamboo for structural material in multi story buildings! I couldn't believe they stayed up.
    Turkish construction methods certainly are interesting: rebar cut and bent to shape on site, concrete mixed on site in portable mixers - loaded by hand, etc.

LOL!

Does anyone have any suggestions for that area? Being from Rumford originally, I have to admit that I have never been there.
    If you are on the Cape in the NPS areas and you see a bush shaking.....turn and run away. SERIOUSLY, TURN AND RUN AWAY! Otherwise this is what you will look like....

Where the hell is that thing?

I assume you have done the Jimmy Buffet cache GCGTR6 in Waterford then. No one can be a fan without caching that.

These photos are from a recent business trip to Taiwan and Hong Kong. The hotel in Hong Kong was under renovation and was surrounded by scaffolding made of bamboo. I had seen it before, I am told that it is stronger than the metal scaffording we are familiar with here in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.