vb:literal>

Thread: Knox Co. Event

Default Knox Co. Event

Hello! I am a new member to the site, and on my introduction page on the forum, someone mentioned possibly getting an event in Knox County. Now, I don't know the first thing about running an event, but I think it would be a great idea and if anyone would like to help me out I'd be more than happy to get one started. Or even if we just all met up for coffee or a hike I think that would be nice too. Any takers?
    ~:Crunch:~

Gas to drive around town for 2 hours = $5Bologna, Cheese, Cabbage, Bread, 16 sets of beads, and 5 flashlights at Wal*Mart = $15
    Finding 12 geocaches and only getting stopped by the cops once = priceless

I'm open to the small event idea. We're not the planning type, but are willing to help with whatever you need.

something i have heard over and over is if you plan it they will come. i did one last year and had a good turn out. maybe attend a few to see what you would be planning but in the end its your event. a meet and greet at a local coffee house seems to work you could also do something outside like a dutch picnic or something just some thoughts. most of all have fun
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Cool Yep, If you host it they will come....you hope!!

Having hosted 12 events over the last 5 years I will tell you it is always nerve racking. You'll ask: will anyone show up? will the weather be good? will something else draw people away? The bottom line is still this, pick a date, pick a venue, and go for it. You will get some to show, and some that won't. That's life. Events can be as much or as little as you want to make them. They are still fun in my book.
    Happy Trails!

Go my way, Find something you want to do plan an event around it and go anyway. Last year I did Warren Island Campout and it ended up just me a TAT but it was still a great event!!!!