vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GEOMEO offices

Sudonim

wbdent I almost forgot to answer your inquiry. Anyone can apply for a non-profit organization. I have another web site that is registered as a non-profit organization. You can do it right on the internet. The only stipulation is that your organization can not make more then $5,000 a year. I called and talked to the IRS on this when I did it for my other web site. If you want you can check with you lawyer if you want. I have no problems with that.
    Blazing Troll

Default Great work

Rick

No problem on the name - I think having an acronym would be fantastic. Whatever we use will be fine If it is honor of Cameo, perhaps it should be:

GeoMeooooooo

hehehehe

I didn't get much of a chance to talk to either you or Donna yesterday! Next time!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Sounds like an Italian opera "GEOMEOOOOOO......lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up GeoMe

I'm glad to be home again. Too many micros. I didn't bring the rain. I like GeoMe. As for the officers, I second the thanks for stepping in and taking the reins. President and Treasurer, that's ok with me. We should think towards the future. We will have many coins and do alot of transactions. Paypal certainly seems like the way to go. Dues for the organization? I'm not sure that we should limit anyones access to the web site, for any reason. I have no problem funding the coin or paying dues. But I have the ability to do so. Geocaching is relatively free, and our web site should be too. That's my 2 cents.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I see no reason to pay dues for anything. What do we need to pay dues for? When an event is held everyone brings their own food to cook and at reastuants everyone pays for ther own food so I can not see any reason for dues. If we need money we can always ask for donation or put out a box again. But this is just my opinion.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    WhereRWe?

To answer your question, Cameoooooo is in the process of going to open a savings account this week for the coins. The reason she is opening a savings account is so that she can open a paypal account.

Also if anyone is not happy with this we can nominate others for the two positions. I will not be offended. I don�t care if I hold the position or not. I am more then willing to help though and I will do everything that I can to better our group.

Thanks. I think you'd make a great "association" president, Rick. Again, my only concern is that you may be taking on a lot.

(I still get to be Chief Parlimentarian, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I see no reason to pay dues for anything. What do we need to pay dues for? When an event is held everyone brings their own food to cook and at reastuants everyone pays for ther own food so I can not see any reason for dues. If we need money we can always ask for donation or put out a box again. But this is just my opinion.
    Well, here are some reasons:

1. Every member should contribute - (again) - especially to maintain the web site.

2. Dues could fund door prizes, etc. for our events. We can't keep hitting on Delorme, The Map Store, etc. And perhaps we could also produce a custom pin from BumbleButtons for participants at a geocaching event.

Default CacheME

I kinda like CacheME or CacheME, if you can

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    If it is honor of Cameo, perhaps it should be:

GeoMeooooooo

hehehehe
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Man, BC, you are really a funny girl.

During the conversation with Rick last night, I threw out a lot of acronyms...that was just one of them. I did think it was funny, but I'm not sure either if it's perfect. At this point, there is no real significance to this....I was just looking for a laugh. At some point, maybe we can register those websites and link them here. (For instance, www.geomeo.com, www.geome.com, etc.) Then again, that's more money. Bottom line is that we want to maintain the "Geocaching Maine" name. The added "O" was for organization, which is the direction we are going.

Personally, GeoMe makes me think of a gnome.

Two things are for sure, we will be buying coins, and we need a place to keep that money. Pending more discussion, I do not expect to realize a profit on the coins and will sell them at cost. If people would like to make a donation for the operation of this site then that's fine, it should be completely voluntary. I don't think restricting access to anyone will be a positive thing. By the way, I thought the ammo can at the event yesterday worked really well! Are there others who did not attend that would like to donate? What would be the best option for them? Paypal....I wonder about the fees. I'll check on that soon.

Thanks everyone for your comments...they are appreciated.
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 04-24-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Man, BC, you are really a funny girl.

During the conversation with Rick last night, I threw out a lot of acronyms...that was just one of them. I did think it was funny, but I'm not sure either if it's perfect. At this point, there is no real significance to this....I was just looking for a laugh. At some point, maybe we can register those websites and link them here. (For instance, www.geomeo.com, www.geome.com, etc.) Then again, that's more money. Bottom line is that we want to maintain the "Geocaching Maine" name. The added "O" was for organization, which is the direction we are going.

Personally, GeoMe makes me think of a gnome.
    I agree with Haffy - GeoMeo sounds like an Italian opera, or a geocaching cat.

But I do like the idea of buying the Geo Maine related domaine names. But it takes money. Dues, anyone??? Sure beats setting out an ammo can whenever we need money...