vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gob-ler is leaving the state!

Default The Gob-ler is leaving the state!

Over the last week I have slowly been disabling my Pocket Queries (gotta help out that GC.Com server you know) and I received my last Maine Pocket Query this morning.

My custom cache alerter program will fall silent sometime tomorrow and I will be back to just a regular text message alert until Sunday.

In the meantime we are doing the last minute things until the movers get here on Friday.

Deep Sea fishing tomorrow (my last trip for a while) and then a few hours at the computer writing our farewell brief of appointment for the new folks that will arrive next week.

As it relates to Maine cacheing, it has been a blast (well, most of it anyways!).

In this electronic world keeping in touch will make things easy. You will not find my signature as FTF on any logs up this way in the near future once I shut things down Saturday.

So, here are some Maine Stats, just in case your wondering:

2788 Maine caches found and logged. I should have that up to 2800 before I leave.

648 Maine First to Finds. Now I believe that no one can claim to be the new FTF King until they surpass that mark. Just kidding, but it is something to think about.

Thanks to all who have hidden the caches I have found. Thanks also to those who have sought and found some of mine. I have 40 or so that will remain active for the time being. Several different folks have volunteered to do maintenance on them. If you find one of mine and it needs a little TLC please feel free to help out.

Just a couple of other little things you need to know.

My cell number will not be good after Friday. I will let those who need to know what the new one is when we get to PA.

I have a new email address. It is listed here on the site.

Most important of all, thanks to each you my geocaching friends for being my friends!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

We'll miss you Gob-ler . . . which is saying something since I've never actually met you in person. Have a safe journey both to your new home and as you progress onwards to your next adventure in life.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Best Wishes to you!!!!

It was truly great to have met you and cached with you - or rather to have cached in your wake, if you prefer!!

Take care and be safe!!

Cache on!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Best wishes and I hope you discover your share of the many treasures western PA has in store for you!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Good luck in this next chapter of your lives!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default God Speed my Friend!

The first time I met Dick was at KK's winter event in Windsor. That was a year and a half ago and I had done only 200 caches. Right or wrong, my legal training most often has me making initial and somewhat from the gut reactions to folks. Gob-ler who? I liked his turkey shirt, for sure, but what struck me was his unabashed enthusiasm for a game I was starting to embrace in a big way. Then came his spontaneous remarks and tribute to Aefus. Di and I were struck with a real sense that this gentle man was somebody we'd be proud to call a friend.

And that's just what he became in all sense of the word "friend." Technical advisor, "psychologist-counsellor" when stuff on this site started making me crazy, coach, cheerleader, turkey hunting guide, even volunteered to be my spiritual advisor if I'd be his financial advisor. (Quite an offer for a heathen like me!)

So Dick and his lovely bride Kathy can move west a few miles, but not far enough for me to not only keep in touch but if somebody goes Ekidokie in PA, just call and I'll meet you on the trail!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Gone, but not forgotten

I have lots of Gob-ler stories, and pictures to fill a good size scrapbook. But Dick you have a love for life that touches those around you. I will always have an open back seat in the truck for you.

I'm watching all of your caches here in Maine. I'll be posting a maintenance needed every chance I get.

Road trip.....you betcha!

To both of you. Good luck in your next adventure.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thumbs up Dick, you will be missed

We have had our ups and downs over the years. I'm glad to say way more ups, and I consider us good friends now as well. Your unwavering generosity toward the community, and to everyone you have touched in one way or another during your time here. My hat is off to you. Come back for a visit when you can, and maybe we will make it down your way sometime.
    Happy Trails!

Dick you and Kathy will be missed for sure. as I think back at all that we have done together I can't remember when we first met. It seems that I have known you for more years than its been. I can't thank you for all you've done. I know we will stay in touch and I know we will meet again. Until then best of luck on your journeys.

I missed the event for you. I was hopping to see you before you left. When will you actually be leaving Maine?
    Blazing Troll