vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing TB acquired

Question Missing TB acquired

I was handed a TB today that had gone missing in 2005. The person who picked it up never logged it. It shows it's last location in a cache I had a DNF on. I have e-mailed the owner asking how they want me to proceed. Any opinions on how I should log it?

I would log it as grabbed from some one and put it in a cache.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Wow, the owners must be blown away! Eki's right; just grab it. I found one this weekend in a cache that says it's in the hands of some cachers that, according to the logs, never found the cache it's been sitting in. I emailed them to see if perhaps they just hadn't gotten to the online logging, but in the end just grabbed it. Good find!

You just never know. If TBs and coins could only talk LOL

One of mine was found in a laundramat washer in Orono. Fortunate for me it hadn't been missing long and the person who found it got in touch with me. I think I know what happened and it really is funny.

You emailed the owners, grab it (you can even put in your log that it was handed to you) and await their instructions. I am sure they will be happy. Probably they would love a photo too.

Default 2004 TB shows up

My first TB was called "Mumsbee" and I put it in a cache so my Mum could follow it. (it was a ceramic bee). Some of you have met my mother, who took on the caching name, "Mumsbee." It quickly disappeared. Haffy tried to help me find it. Well, guess what, after 5 years it is back in action! Isn't that amazing? No explaination.... the people who had it, just put it in a cache.

SaWEEEEEEET!!! Glad it's back in action!!!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    My first TB was called "Mumsbee" and I put it in a cache so my Mum could follow it. (it was a ceramic bee). Some of you have met my mother, who took on the caching name, "Mumsbee." It quickly disappeared. Haffy tried to help me find it. Well, guess what, after 5 years it is back in action! Isn't that amazing? No explaination.... the people who had it, just put it in a cache.
    Holy crap that is amazing!

I have a bunch of travel bugs out there now and I'm putting coins out too. I'm not too awfully concerned about them getting lost, but I do like seeing where they have been.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

This happened with my first bug as well. It was nothing more than a photo keychain with Cooper's (my son) picture in it. It disappeard after visiting a few. Emailed the last grabber a few times to no avail as well as the cache owner. No luck. Maybe he'll turn up as well some day.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post

Hey that's great news!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Is there a tutorial anywhere on the geocaching site where it explains how to log in a TB? I had to walk a new caching through it this week by email, as they had just put in the log that they left the TB, but had not logged in out of the cache they took it from, or logged in into the cache they put it in. So many TB's go lost and I wonder if it is just the same problem...people just don't understand the procedure of how to dump them into the inventory of a cache, or know even how to get them out. Where to you all suggest is the best place for people to go to understand the procedure? Maybe I should just start a new log for people to go to for this info. I don't think this person was aware of this page until I told her to go to this website for new GPS information.