vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for ideas...

Default Looking for ideas...

I am always bad with goals for travel bugs and such.

For our caching trip to Maine in August, we are planning on activating and releasing a handful...

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Have one go places you'd like to go but might not get to - you mentioned lighthouses and covered bridges.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We've always loved TB logs that contain a picture of the TB in exotic/interesting places. Perhaps as Brdad suggested, a Lighthouse TB, but with a request that it be photographed at lighthouse caches.

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post

For our caching trip to Maine in August, we are planning on activating and releasing a handful...

1) Send them to places you might like to go some day . . . and request folks to take pics.

2) Send them on a state-wide tour . . . or nation tour

3) Get two of them (or more) and race them . . . I had two fire engine TBs that I set loose with the goal of reaching a specific cache in Alaska near my sister . . . it was kind of fun tracking where they were in relation to each other

4) Get a TB with a specific goal . . . I made a mini Bangor Ladder with the goal of having it visit certain key areas that had major fires.

5) Or you can do the easy thing for most cachers . . . just have the goal be that it visit caches so it wanders here and there
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post

hmmm, here is a goal, to be logged into 100 caches in one day. One suggestion would be to drop it off in Costigan, ME and see if anyone is willing to take on that challenge.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    3) Get two of them (or more) and race them . . . I had two fire engine TBs that I set loose with the goal of reaching a specific cache in Alaska near my sister . . . it was kind of fun tracking where they were in relation to each other
    I LOVE the race idea!!!!!! I may use that one too

Maybe you can leave one at the furthest point of your trip from your home and ask to have it travel back to you?

Default Centrum for TB

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    hmmm, here is a goal, to be logged into 100 caches in one day. One suggestion would be to drop it off in Costigan, ME and see if anyone is willing to take on that challenge.
    I'll be doing this run on Friday July 3rd with Drwhogrl if the TB gets up here that quickly. I plan on dropping my own personal bug at least on each end so it wouldn't be much of a bother two do 2 at at time. If anyone else is going to be out there that day, give a shout. More people = more fun...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Where is Cindy the Cinderblock when we need her?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default 5,10,20,100,200.....

Whatever you do, try to have a good time, okay? So far, everybody that's gone north for the SMR marathon has had way too much fun! I"m waiting to see if somebody that has actually DONE these caches has a negative comment or two. It's like brocolli....I won't say I don't like it until I actually try it!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Where is Cindy the Cinderblock when we need her?
    Cindy is currently in Ohio.