vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Download waypoints to your GPS

Hmmm, I wonder.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    With a run like the SMR, I can't imagine it'll be long before a Bi-Centrum Challange shows up. It's hard to believe that now someone who has never cached before or is just starting out could go out and hit the 100 cache milestone as well as wrap up two major challenges in one day. I just feel a little sorry for the folks in the southern part of the state who have to travel so far to hit it.
    Don't feel TOO sorry for the southern contingent. Just scroll your map over to NH to see what's in their backyard. The rails-to-trails in NH are easy to find, caching icons mark them well. (And some nice walks too)

Is there a way to share pq's? Like i have some of new hampshire and some around maine and would like to share if someone needs waypoints SO THEY COULD CACHE UNTIL GC COMES BACK UP
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

I would just send the whole GSAK file, but I also have the zip files that ran before the outage. So If you need files I have them.

Sharing of PQs is against gc.com's terms of service...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Under the circumstances I think a little sharing would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sharing of PQs is against gc.com's terms of service...
    Sharing? I would think selling or re-distributing for profit would be bad but sharing is a little harsh. I share the information with my daughters, 5 and 8, and would hate to see them carted off to Levensworth.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Sharing? I would think selling or re-distributing for profit would be bad but sharing is a little harsh. I share the information with my daughters, 5 and 8, and would hate to see them carted off to Levensworth.
    Well, you'll have to discuss that with someone better at law than me. But from your statement, I'm saying the difference is that you're sharing the information - reading a cache description and/or coordinates. That's not quite the same as sending a PQ file to another individual or posting the cache information from your PQ file onto your geocaching web site, listing the data as if it was your own.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

ok so after the update for gsask i now have lots of problems loading using my desk top. my laptop works fine but its not fast enough. i think this is the first time i have run into a problem with it does it matter what os you are using? i am running vista on my desktop and xp on my laptop.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, you'll have to discuss that with someone better at law than me. But from your statement, I'm saying the difference is that you're sharing the information - reading a cache description and/or coordinates. That's not quite the same as sending a PQ file to another individual or posting the cache information from your PQ file onto your geocaching web site, listing the data as if it was your own.

Good news Dave, as long as I don't sell the information to my kids and I tell them that it came from "Geocaching.com", we are safe from violating any geocaching laws. Although I was dismayed to learn that if we get lost searching for a cache that is in their .gpx file they (geocaching.com) are safe from any litigation that we may consider taking against them. Stupid rules!!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)