vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems at Groundspeak?

Default Problems at Groundspeak?

Or is it just me?

I was unable to log on at 3AM this morning. Tried again at 7AM and again at 11:30AM. Is anyone else having trouble and does anyone know when it might be back?

I am hving the same troubles. I was hoping to make a day of it today. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Default Groundspeak is unavailable

Jeremy has posted via twitter and Facebook that there has been a fire at the building where the servers are housed. The backup generators are in several inches of water. There is no ETA at the moment (11:44am EDT) but it will certainly be hours.

The outage covers gc.com, the forums, waymarking.com, wherigo.com, the WAP site, and the iPhone app - everything gc.com related.

Thanks Barry,

Knew it had to be significant, these usually aren't out for extended periods. Glad you had the back channel info sources.

Ed

Dawn, Cousin Laura and I are just sitting here wondering what we did before geocaching. What's everyone else going to do today?

I did all my stuff last night. HA, ha, ha.

If you would like some coordinates let me know. I have all the ones I have not done.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I haven't gone out since last Friday when we did the SMR so if Dawn starts going in withdrawals, we're going to have to head back up there because that's all that's on the GPS.

Default Sure blame Dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    I haven't gone out since last Friday when we did the SMR so if Dawn starts going in withdrawals, we're going to have to head back up there because that's all that's on the GPS.
    She just goes along on these rides to avoid being left home alone while you feed your addiction!

Me?!! It is, in fact, the other way around. I am a slave. I'm just the downloader and logger. She makes me do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    Dawn, Cousin Laura and I are just sitting here wondering what we did before geocaching. What's everyone else going to do today?
    ahh life before geocaching, things were simpler then, and they moved just a little bit slower. Days when the wind would blow softly through the trees as a neighbor would walk by and wave...

yeah, life before geocaching was pretty lame

oh well, I'm goin camping and hoping that I don't drown in the upcoming tsunamis...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.