vb:literal>

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Hi, I new to caching and live in midcoast. I am a transplant of 25 years. Anyway hello everyone.

Red face Welcome

More the merrier I say. Hope to meet you at one of this year events. Have fun and stay safe.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    More the merrier I say. Hope to meet you at one of this year events. Have fun and stay safe.
    I cant tell exactly by the pic, is that a blond Cairn or a Westy. I know it has to be a terrier. I have a Cairn. My money is on Cairn.

Thumbs up Jock

Is my 2.5 year old Silky Terrier. All 10 pounds of him.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Is my 2.5 year old Silky Terrier. All 10 pounds of him.
    OK I can see it now. Terriers are the best.

Default The Diggler has landed

Well hello all cachers, I had sort of fallen off the caching map around here lately, but after posting some notes recently about my intentions to do some cache maintenance on my cahces I got an invite to this here forum from cameoooooo and decided to go all-in. I'll be doing all of the maintenance in April, so my caches will be ready to go for the entire summer. My Geocaching.com user profile is here. Once I get all of my updating work done on my existing caches, I think I'll plant 2 more, but only of the most sickest sort in terms of adventure. I'm not much for the family-picnic sort of caches, although I suppose I've placed a couple. I never go looking for caches, and I only really find it interesting to place caches and follow along the logs as people discover them and their reactions to them. I like to put worth-while items in my caches so people know that they can be in for something decent, and not just a bunch of "moose keychains" or something like that. I did have a travelbug, or I still do I guess, his name is Flatty jr. , but the user AnXPreacherKid has not done a thing with him for a long while, and I now fear for Flatty jr.'s safety. I'll probably start a "Flatty jr. 2" travelbug when I re-up one of my caches. I hope you all try out my northern-Maine caches more, they don't get much action. "The Wigazee" among others are well worth it.
    Do you dare to get-down with the Drum n Bass Arena?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler
    I got an invite to this here forum from cameoooooo and decided to go all-in. I'll be doing all of the maintenance in April, so my caches will be ready to go for the entire summer.
    Welcome Diggler...glad to see you join us here at geocachingmaine.org. Your name comes up once a while when talking about caches here in Maine. We were all kinda wondering if you would be back, and your cache locations are destined to give some of us the cache hunts of our lives. Look forward to the adventure!

back in 1998, i had a subscription to smithsonian magazine and read the article about letterboxing in england i made all my friends read the article and kept telling them that i had to go to england and find some of the letterboxes as someone who was barely making it paycheck to paycheck, i knew that wasn't going to happen any time soon in july last summer, a maine guide friend of mine forwarded an email to me from craig brook hatchery in orland they were doing a geocaching seminar crimson crow, rickedie and i went i bought a magellan meridian gold and went to the seminar i am now addicted it's strange, because i am so not an outdoors person i'm a bookworm i just love doing this i also have found some letterboxes along the way it's just so cool

Welcome Becket. I'm new too.

It's funny how some of us "stumble into" geocaching.

RULOST2? and I were vacationing in Ontario a couple of years, and heard an hour-long feature on Geocaching. We'd never even heard of it before. But we were fascinated, rushed right out and got a GPSr, and now we're hooked!