vb:literal>

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Default danosphere was here...

Like Bluegrass Gyrl, I started on 8-31-03 (I am not a stalker, honest! See http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...e-bc376fa33f81), but my first cache was the Giant Stairs. I was introduced to this obsession by my wife’s cousin (she still hasn’t forgiven him) Eltee1 from NY. I purchased my GPSr (Magellan SportTrak Map from Sports Authority for $99 (half price sale) and I have been trying to maximize my ROI by using it as often as possible! Thanks to Geocaching, I have seen more of Maine in the last nine months than during the 5.5 years I spent here during my first hitch with the Navy.

Default The G Team

I am a part-time Tech Coordinator for a small private school, and a full time Technology Integration Spe******t for MSAD #49. I also do computer repairs/networking on the side.

The second member of The G Team is my wife, who is an Ed Tech, also at a private school.

Our third member is my 11 year old daughter, who attends the private school we work at.

We are The G Team cause our last name starts with "G", and also I thought that "G" for Geocaching was cool.

I heard about Geocaching from one of my associates who heard about it from some of his ham radio friends (I also have my Tech Plus license--N1UTZ). We first tried it with my ancient Magellan Trailblazer with (very) limited success, and much frustration. The new SporTrack Map was purchased soon thereafter. There is still plenty of frustration, but now I know it is our fault, and not the equipment.

We don't have lots of finds, and to be honest, I don't much care about number of finds for myself. My only use for stats is to congratulate others when they hit nice round numbers. We enjoy the hunt, seeing new places, spending quality family time together, and meeting nice people.

Michael, Lori, and Jen
    The G Team

Default Hello everybody

I am a transplant. I came to Maine on a two week bicycling vacation when I was 18. When I got here, it occured to me that I could actually live in "Vacationland" and (execpt for being exiled a few times), have lived here ever since.

I originally purchased a gps about a year after some friends took me mountain biking in Falmouth. We rode for about 2 hours and had a great time. But, a year later, I could not even remember what town we had rode in, let alone where the trail head was. So, I bought a gps, turned it on and kept an instant record of all my travels.

I enjoy taking the path less traveled, wether by bike, foot, ski or boat. Geocaching is the perfect way to find new and interesting places!

Default Hello Maine

Hello Maine , I have to admit I have an a affinity with Maine ….since the person who got me started on this “Mullarky” comes from here …… and shamed me into registering ( I was a Lurker).. Its great reading the experiences from the other side of the Pond …. Many thanks for allowing me to and thanks for a great site.

FFB

Default Mullarky??

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishermanbob
    Hello Maine , I have to admit I have an a affinity with Maine ….since the person who got me started on this “Mullarky” comes from here …… and shamed me into registering ( I was a Lurker).. Its great reading the experiences from the other side of the Pond …. Many thanks for allowing me to and thanks for a great site.

FFB
    LOL
    Welcome Bob, see you finally took my advice...hehe
    By the way, haven't seen your TB lately??....
    Hope to see your posts here often.
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!

Hi everybody...

This is Cameo from the Bangor area...I just started caching on June 11, 2004, about a month ago and have had a great time chasing these places down. Usually, I head out with my pal, Bear for cache and benchmark hunts. Thanks to all who put these caches out and maintain them well. A special thank you to Mike from the G Team for letting me know about this website. Hope to see you all on the trail!
    Cameoooooo

Thumbs up Hello up there!

I just started geocaching and found this site via the Geocaching website forums. We (wife, daughter 9, son 6) live in CT, but will be vacationing in Winter Harbor the second week in August with friends that have family and a couple vacation houses there, so wanted to check out the site in advance of the VACA. Nice job on the site. After reading a lot of the posts, I am really looking forward to doing some caching in Maine.

I do a lot of outdoor stuff and always wanted a GPS but couldn't justify the expense. My wife actually told be about Geocaching this spring and I figured it would be a great way to drag the kids away from the TV and get out doors, and that will be well worth any expense if it works.

I love flyfishing, canoeing (built a cedar strip canoe, hence the name), hiking and camping.

Wink Are you sure you really want to know? hehehe

Where to start.....I am a mother, daughter, sister, wife, friend, geocaching nut, geobud, small-business owner, healthcare worker, and so much more - LOL! I've lived in Maine since a very young age and have left only to attend college and travel for work. I can't imagine living anywhere else! I have always lived on the coast and love to spend time looking for treasures on the beach (thus the name ). A couple of years ago I started a small business using the treasures that I am finding and am now combing the beaches more than ever. One of my personal goals this year has been to visit beaches that I hadn't been to before or for many years.

I was introduced to geocaching earlier this year by a great friend and have been completely hooked since. I have enjoyed the beauty that lies within our state, met wonderful people, and attended a fantastic geo-barbecue (thanks geochicks!!). I've also been able to combine my new hobby with beach combing and, as a result, have seen even more beaches than I had anticipated. My friends and family think that I am now possessed and have even thrown around the word "cult." Silly them - their loss for not exploring Maine this way!!

I begain in March '04 and as of September 25, 2004 I have copnquered 174!
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 09-25-2004 at 09:57 PM. Reason: adding information

Default Gps4fun

I started Geocaching in the spring of 2002. As a ham radio operator, there seemed to be many of my ham friends getting involved in Geocaching. Like most, once i started i was hooked bad. That first summer i attacked it like I had no other hobbie or anything else to do. I covered the whole state of Maine from Kittery to Calais to Moxie falls. It seemed a good combination ( ham radio and geocaching) Like amateur radio i have met so many great folks. I continue to cache hunt when i have time. It is so neat to rediscover the state of Maine over and over and its many hiding places. I live west of Belfast, Maine.( very central to the rest of maine). Other hobbies include hunting,camping, sports in general along with my favorite sport of Volleyball where I have played in a power league over the last 25 years in addition to Instructing an adult Ed Volleyball in the fall in M.S.A.D. 3 school district, as well as being on the school board and chasing my fifteen year old son in his sports seasons, as well as raising my daughter who graduated this year, I stay very busy. I own a family business in Belfast Maine ( 3rd Generation). The fact that I have met so many nice people and visited so many interesting spots, this has made Caching one of my continueing favorite hobbies that i have discovered.
    Last edited by noreasta; 07-16-2004 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    I have enjoyed the beauty that lies within our state, met wonderful people, and attended a fantastic geo-barbecue (thanks geo chicks!!).
    **BIG THUMBS UP** Not a problem, seems like all we can do this summer is toss a good (albeit rainy) BBQ.