vb:literal>

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sinster
    The BBQ in Maine doesn't compare to the BBQ in Texas Maine doesn't have Mesquite...
    Sheesh! This is 2005. We don't have to go to Texas to get mesquite. We just go to WALMART! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    It's not about the BBQ. It's about getting together with good people and friends and have a good time.
    I know that.. just messing around....

True about Wal Mart though.. thats where I get mine

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey Mike.glad to have you aboard. Speaking for myself I just wanted to say thank you for the sacrifice you have made for us in the US military and glad that you are now home safe and sound with your family . Haffy6 John Hafenecker
    Haffy said it right, thanks for the sacrifice you and your family made for us! We are glad that you are home!

Tyler Bickford (ty.den) is in Iraq and we are praying for his safe return home, sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker Twins
    Haffy said it right, thanks for the sacrifice you and your family made for us! We are glad that you are home!

Tyler Bickford (ty.den) is in Iraq and we are praying for his safe return home, sometime next year.
    And I see that there are 29 geocaches in Iraq, along with several TB's and even a YJTB!

Hopefully he'll have all of them when he gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    And I see that there are 29 geocaches in Iraq, along with several TB's and even a YJTB!

Hopefully he'll have all of them when he gets back.
    That's a good sign! I remember when the war started, there was only one cache in Iraq. It was rated fairly high because it was illegal to have a GPS there, and because of the red tape of getting to the location to begin with. Geocaching.com disabled it the day the war started. If the number of geocache approvals can be used as any indication of safety in the area, then things must be looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    That's a good sign! I remember when the war started, there was only one cache in Iraq. It was rated fairly high because it was illegal to have a GPS there, and because of the red tape of getting to the location to begin with. Geocaching.com disabled it the day the war started. If the number of geocache approvals can be used as any indication of safety in the area, then things must be looking up.
    I hope you're right, but I note that there are still only 7 geocaches in Afghanistan!

Welcome to Maine and no, those giant flying things aren't birds, they are mosquitos. There are some fun geocaches right in Brunswick and a ton of them down on both the Phippsburg and Georgetown peninsulas. We're newish so haven't done all of them yet but have them printed off. No paperless for us - yet.

As an old southerner originally from Virginia, I've mourned the lack of good BBQ in Maine for years. Always bring pounds back after visiting the VA family. At last we have a new place called "Buck's Bare Naked BBQ" in Freeport on Route 1 across from the Big Freeport Indian. Worth the small drive down. Try the brisket.

Happy geoing in a gorgeous state.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Beal Street BBQ in downtown Augusta isn't too bad either. But having lived in North Carolina for 5 years, I also know what good BBQ is, and admit it is pretty hard to find in this area.

And speaking of Texas, I lived there years ago, and remember one time when a local guy invited a bunch of us over to his farm for a venison BBQ. When we got there, he announced that they were out of venison so we were having goat.

Sheesh!

Believe it or not but the best beef jerky that I have to this day has been from Maine. I forgot the name of farm but it's off of Meadow Rd. in Topsham.

My name is gaelic for Wolf, which is my nickname 'cause I like wolves!
    I've known about Geocaching for awhile but I just recently purchased a ForeTrex 101.
    I live in Orrington with my girlfriend and 8 American Curly horses. I'm from away but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

This weekend will be my first hunting opportunity, probably "The Pound" or "A Kings Cache"