vb:literal>

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Arrow

Hey folks!
    Tonsil here from Pittsburgh, PA. While I don't get to spend a lot of time in Maine, I have a sister that lives in Ellsworth with her family, so I make an effort to visit at least once a year. I was just there in June and had the opportunity to meet BrDad. He gave me a quick tour of some fun caches in and around Bangor. I may or may not be back in the coming months as part of a road trip, schedule and money being main factors. I'm joining this group just to keep tabs on the geocaching happenings in the Maine area. Nice site!

Post For the health of it...

We bought each of our husbands a gps for Christmas 2002 which they played with for a very short time and then like all kids with to many Christmas toys, just set them aside where they stayed until I saw the August 9, 2003 Lewiston Sun Journal about brdad and geocaching. I emailed the article to my sister and after a few days of trying to figure out how the gps worked we found our first cache, Kineowatha and our first dnf cache, Monument Hill (found it the next day, though!).
    We were/are hooked on geocaching! In the year since we have added a couple of new gpsrs. I thought if the Garmin Etrex was great, then the Garmin V would be even better and it's ok, but give me the little Garmin Etrex anyday! You will have to ask my sister about her newest gps...
    Our name, well we love to hike and we are twins, and even if we wanted to leave the "twin thing" behind we have never been able to, so it works! We both work in the medical field, different departments, but the same hospital.
    We have been able to get our husbands to cache with us some and of course like all kids, now they want the gps We have met a few geocachers on the trails and many at the bbq cache event in June and the Super bowl blitz in January. Now we can't wait for the one in Bangor in September!
    Cache on....

Smile

Hello fellow geo-cachers!

I am amazed at how many names I recognize here, so I just have to tell my story. I am 34 yo from Waterville, living in Westbrook, maine. I started caching the day after christmas 2003. My twin brother bought me a gps as a gift and also to go caching with his father-in-law Sabby. He said it was to learn how to land survey with him. Well, it didn't take long for me to get hooked, I am about to hit my 100 but I want it to be different. I enjoy everything outdoors, Hiking, fly-fishing, canoeing, skiing(water, xc and downhill), hunting, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, scuba diving, you name it if I have not done it I want to. I graduated from waterville high scool in 1987, USM in 1989 and through hiked the appalachian trail in 1990( now then I could have used a gps). I look forward to meeting many of you as I have only met a couple, Doug26, BGgyrl and of course Sabby
    May you always know true North
    Jdiver3

Wink

Hello, all!

Just signed up on this site and figured I'd say hello. We're a family of 4 in York County that loves doing things outdoors, although it's getting more difficult as the kids morph into teenagers. I first heard about Geocaching in a January 2003 article in Discover magazine, tried our first cache in March (under snow), and finally succeeded in April. It's been all uphill (and downhill) ever since! So far we've found caches in ME, NH, MA, MD & NC. I like the fact that no matter where we go on vacations or travels, there's always a geocache nearby we can do if we have the time, and they generally take us someplace we would never have been otherwise.

We attended our first geocaching event this spring and really enjoyed meeting some local cachers. We hope to meet more of you at future events!

-=Glen (Cache'n Jacksons)

Smile

I am a full-time FireFighter (FF) and a part-time Farmer. I stumbled onto a Geocaching link while on an ATV Forum. I opened the link typed in my zip code, found that there was about 6 with-in a few miles of me, so the next day We (my wife and 2 teenage girls) took off and found a few. WE WERE HOOKED! I think we have found 17 so far and are planning more when we can get a few extra minutes. I was amazed that a few of them we found we had been with-in feet of before and knew nothing of it. The neatest thing so far is when we left tickets to a baseball game in a Cache with instructions of how to contact me at the game, and sure enough 6seekers met me at the game, that was so neat. We hope to meet other cachers soon.

Smile Game Enthusiasts

Hi,
    We are a family of four (mom, dad, and two daughters) from Pittston, ME who are new to geocaching. I first heard about it on the web a year or so ago and thought it sounded cool. Last winter my dad got a gps and started geocaching. Next my sister got a gps and got hooked. We went on a couple of geocaches with my dad and my sister this spring and I knew it was something I'd love. It took me a little while to decide to spend the money but I very glad I finally did. We've only gone on 3 caches so far. One we didn't find because we kept losing satellite coverage. The tree cover was thick. We were still excited though and we ran out and bought stuff to make two of our own. Now we just need to find some local places to hide our caches. I have one place all picked out but I need to research a couple more before deciding on where to place the second one. I am glad to have found this forum of geocaching Mainers. :0)
    Game Enthusiasts

Hi! We're pjpreb We're a hubby & wife team who, on a hot tip from msteelee, purchased a GPSr & found our first cache on a 5 minute walk from our camp in Norway, ME. We've been enjoying caching ever since and have seen some amazing sights & places that the average joe wouldn't know about. We really like that this hobby is so portable! Just about any place we go has caches hidden nearby! I don't know if caching makes people nice or if nice people cache. It's been great meeting fellow geocachers and hope to meet more of you soon!

Smile

Hi. Were a pair of official Maina's, my navigator age 11 and I age 44. My son came home one day with a fantastic story of hidden treasure. All we needed was a GPS, a what? Well Santa gave him one for xmas, and the rest is history. We really enjoy the oudoors and spending time together. Thanks to all who have made geocaching what it is today. Just plain FUN. Look forward to meeting fellow cachers.

I live on Long Island, Maine (Portland area). I'm a 26-year old carpenter/husband/father, and an aspiring author/marathoner/AT thru-hiker/adventure racer. My brother and I both recieved GPSrs from our mother this Christmas (2004) and my brother mentioned geocaching. We went online to check it out, and lo-and-behold there were two caches on the small island that I live on. It blew my mind that there were caches on my island and I knew nothing about them nor geocaching in general. I went out Christmas day and found the both of them and now I'm hooked. I can't wait until the snow melts away in the spring and I get off the island to find some more. As for the name, my brother lives in Burlington, VT so I imagine he'll be BrownBroVT shen he begins. Living on an island and having to plan around boat schedules aside I hope to attend a grocaching event sometime and meet some of you.

Talking Shewolf7153

Hi, I just started geocaching on Oct 17, 2004 by accident. I happened to be up at the WWII Concentration camp and stumbled upon Team NAB. They were kind enough to explain to me about caching. I signed my first cache there. I AM HOOKED.
    I immediately went out and bought a Garmin etrex Vista. It works quite well. I have since shown 2 friends about it. They have started caching too. I live in Skowhegan so I was able to find alot to start with. When I am not geocaching my hobby is horses. Hope to meet all you geocaches soon....
    Last edited by shewolf7153; 01-08-2005 at 12:23 AM.