vb:literal>

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Greetings all!

Just signed into the group having recently relocated to Brunswick from Jacksonville, Fl courtesy of the Navy.

I started caching almost a year ago after finding a link to site from an online article. I had to take a six month hiatus while deployed to El Salvador(only 3 cahces in the country and no access for security reasons ), but am definately getting back into it.

My login is the same one I've used for most of my online activities. radar: an old nickname and 91VMI: my college and class.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by radar91VMI
    Greetings all!

Just signed into the group having recently relocated to Brunswick from Jacksonville, Fl courtesy of the Navy.

Cheers!
    Welcome! Glad to have another of "America's Best" with us. Several of us are retired military, and the webmaster, Rick (Attroll) is retired Navy.

Hope to meet you at one of our gecaching events.

Bruce (MSG, USA, Ret)

Welcome. I thought most of BNAS was headed the other way. There are some great caches here in the Brunswick/Phippsburg area that will get you out in the country, mountain tops and seashore. Don't miss doing "Morse Mountain" and "Thornhead".

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

I guess I never seen this post, but better late then never!

As most of you know, I am Jordan. I am can't come up with cool nicknames online like most of you have, so I went with the plain, J_Cyr. I am from the county, (a real hick, right Rick?) More or less, from Caribou -- the most North-Eastern City in the US.

I started geocaching last spring. I actually heard through a friend, who heard through a friend! Immediately I invested in a GPS, and now I go to caches whenever I can, either setting one or finding one. I set my first one, in Caribou last year (first one in Caribou at the time) and now have set almost a dozen. Up until last summer the county had little to no caches and now it seems almost every other day we get a new cache!

I am a mechanic and a fire fighter. I am also still in college, studying Criminal Justice. I am also known for Volkswagens, I like the old VW's and work on them and fix them up. Well that sums up me I assume. I just met a few of you at the event, it was great meeting you all!
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Hey J_Cyr- nothing wrong with being from the county- I grew up there myself! (Easton). I'm going to try to do a couple of your caches in Oct when I am in the area.

Easton huh. Big place, don't blink!
    My Uncle owns the store in Easton.
    Some of you might wonder why I didn't say which one, its cause its the only store in Easton. Who said you can't buy bread and pickup ammo in the same place, (besides Wal*Mart...)
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Easton huh. Big place, don't blink!
    My Uncle owns the store in Easton.
    Some of you might wonder why I didn't say which one, its cause its the only store in Easton. Who said you can't buy bread and pickup ammo in the same place, (besides Wal*Mart...)
    Easton is close to Squa Pan Lake and Mountain, right? If so I've stopped at your uncle's store a few times while riding ATVs in the area. Even picked up some of those famous Fox Family potato chips . . . they're not kidding about the BBQ chips being a bit on the hot side are they?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hello,
    My real name is Aaron, and *sigh* I'm addicted to geocaching. I've had this addiction since early spring of 2005. It started out innocently enough, then I got married this summer; and I dragged my wife into it too. At first it was just a cache here and then, then I started doing it every weekend, I've even done it on work nights, I even found myself doing it in a company vehicle. It just keeps getting worse, I hid my first geocache today, which was in a way relieving because it was published less than 4 hours after I placed it, which gives me hope because there are people worse off than I am that sit around and wait for them to show up

My screen name is the same on geocaching.com and for those of you that ponder the name, it is of a Masonic reference. I've already met a few of you in the woods and for those that have not met me I'm the one in the white Jeep Cherokee driving up the trail and hanging out the window trying to get satelite reception while dodging trees. I live in Waterville, I'm an HVACR Tech by trade, The Wife is a student at Unity College and hobbies include geocaching, geocaching, and uhhh geocaching? (is there a self help website that linked on this page anywhere?) And so that's me in a nutshell, and perhaps I'll meet some more of you in the woods or at an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    Hello,
    My real name is Aaron, and *sigh* I'm addicted to geocaching. I've had this addiction since early spring of 2005. It started out innocently enough, then I got married this summer; and I dragged my wife into it too. At first it was just a cache here and then, then I started doing it every weekend, I've even done it on work nights, I even found myself doing it in a company vehicle. It just keeps getting worse, I hid my first geocache today, which was in a way relieving because it was published less than 4 hours after I placed it, which gives me hope because there are people worse off than I am that sit around and wait for them to show up

My screen name is the same on geocaching.com and for those of you that ponder the name, it is of a Masonic reference. I've already met a few of you in the woods and for those that have not met me I'm the one in the white Jeep Cherokee driving up the trail and hanging out the window trying to get satelite reception while dodging trees. I live in Waterville, I'm an HVACR Tech by trade, The Wife is a student at Unity College and hobbies include geocaching, geocaching, and uhhh geocaching? (is there a self help website that linked on this page anywhere?) And so that's me in a nutshell, and perhaps I'll meet some more of you in the woods or at an event.
    Well Hiram like you I've also found this activity quite addicting (which is ironic since I purchased my GPSr mainly to keep from getting lost while out ATVing and snowmobiling and instead I find myself using it a lot more for geo-caching) . . . went to your hidden cache this morning on my "way" into work . . . of course I work in Bangor so swinging out to your cache was a bit of a stretch to say it was "on the way" . . . beautiful spot. Made me want to be a fisherman . . . almost. Stayed there for a bit longer just for the scenery . . . finding these hidden (and sometimes not so hidden) caches is what this activity is all about.

Unlike you I can't convince my wife that geo-caching is a lot of fun. Of course it could be because whenever she goes out in the woods with me she a) gets eaten alive by bugs while none bother me, b) she ends up hurting herself in some way, shape or form. She tolerates my geo-caching though . . . although she keeps calling it "geo-trashing" since she says most of the knicknacks I've brought home are basically junk.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Aaron - There are a lot worse addictions. Geocaching at least is good for your body with all the walking. Course there are the bug bites, bruises, scrapes and dents to the ego when you don't find a cache .

Don't think my mom would have approved today when we both tracked woods debris through a hotel lobby, smelling a bit "odorific" from hiking miles through Acadia National Park. But those huge smiles on our faces were from seeing sights we'd never have gone to without geocaching.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe