vb:literal>

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Hang in there Coach! I have yet to find the very first one I looked for, but when you find several others, it takes away some of that frustration. Stick to the ones and twos and you'll start to get a feel for the way peoples' minds work. In Lewiston-Auburn we have a couple of REALLY creative hiders and I am learning a lot just by finding their caches.

ETA I think Gob-ler must have taken off the tinfoil hat for one second this past week, just long enough for me to tune in and find a FOUR, fair and square. Can't buy that kind of fun!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by jeepingirl2
    I'm still waiting for Jeep Geocache Jamboree though
    I think we should have a Jeep Cach Jamboree up by the Ice Man cache, that was one of my favorite Jeep caches!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I just started caching last month. I've found 13 and have placed 3...1 in Maine...GCVAVT.

I'm up in the Sebago area often visiting the in-laws. Maybe see you all on the trails or on the lake this summer.

MoxieMan Dave

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky
    Hang in there Coach! I have yet to find the very first one I looked for, but when you find several others, it takes away some of that frustration. Stick to the ones and twos and you'll start to get a feel for the way peoples' minds work. In Lewiston-Auburn we have a couple of REALLY creative hiders and I am learning a lot just by finding their caches.

ETA I think Gob-ler must have taken off the tinfoil hat for one second this past week, just long enough for me to tune in and find a FOUR, fair and square. Can't buy that kind of fun!
    Kacky, check out the caching work Gob-ler did yesterday over by Watertown, NY! He is the man.

MoxieMan

Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMan
    Kacky, check out the caching work Gob-ler did yesterday over by Watertown, NY! He is the man.

MoxieMan
    So... 19 caches in 1 day, 18 of them placed by the same cacher.

Cache names like "Wally World", "Home Depot" and "Lowes". (Sheesh! Who am I to comment! We're going to Rhode Island in 2 weeks! LOL!)

Cool Ya really

I hit 21 caches with 2 of them DNF's in Maine starting in Dexter and going through Skowhegan down into Brooks and the Unity area. This was before FFJ put all his great caches in the area too. Making them far and few between. Some of them might have been quickies, but at least one was a good climb that day (The Once Frye Mtn tower). But then again it IS all about the numbers, right.
    Happy Trails!

Hey how about the 21 in one day we did up to the county last fall. And they weren't urban micros either....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I hit 21 caches with 2 of them DNF's in Maine starting in Dexter and going through Skowhegan down into Brooks and the Unity area. This was before FFJ put all his great caches in the area too. Making them far and few between. Some of them might have been quickies, but at least one was a good climb that day (The Once Frye Mtn tower). But then again it IS all about the numbers, right.
    Thanks for the compliment . . . it's always nice to hear when someone likes one's caches . . . makes the work of checking coords, building the cache hide, rechecking coords, buying the goodies for the cache, rechecking the coords for a third time and then finding out that you've messed up and have to go back all worth it when you hear something like this.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."