vb:literal>

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

A reminder to the newcomers: don't forget the Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding on Jan 22. It will be a great change to meet other Maine geocachers and ask lots of questions.

Here's a link to the listing:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...6-dfc5c2e4d15f

d’76 Guest

Hi, my name is Dave and was born in 1976, yes I to am an addict, Recently started doing this because I love every part of the outdoors. I recently Hung up my camera and my Hunting rifle and picked up a gps. I love it, can't get enough of it. My girlfriend other wise known as "Girlmate" is hooked as well. Lucky for her, or our weekends would be spent in different places. We have spent most of our time looking in the snow because of the timing. We have found around 20 sofar.

Anyway, I work in a school in central Maine where the kids can't handle main stream schooling, for a variety of reasons (i won't bore you with the details).

I had an etraxs and it was ok but was not good for caching so I bought a Garmin 60c in november for a birthday present for myself. I love it! I use it for everything. It makes everything so much easier.

Default Dont hang up that camera!!!

Hey Dave welcome,the thing that I have ejoyed while caching is taking photos of all the interesting places that I have visited. Check out the members galleries and you'll see what I mean. Looking forward to seeing some of your own photos in here too. Aren't you glad I told you about this site?

Default Welcome

Hope you can make it to the Winslow event!

Hi there,
    Well Cameoooooo is the one who finally talked us into joining the group so first off thanks to her. And second it has been great to meet so many nice people geocaching. We've only run into one person who was out geocaching same time as us and that was just last week. We enjoyed the picnic last fall and I wear my doorprize regularly.

How it all began....

On a family vacation to Flordia (14 adults, 3 bathrooms...yikes!) my Uncle David (Senior Dave) took Wudeater (John) out on a geocache. John comes back with his ususual nonchallent "yeah, it was ok". Then Senior Dave came to Maine for a weekend and they did a couple more (see Island of the Giants log from July 2004 which he logged after we'd done a few). So finally John says he'd like to do some more but really he could use the GPS for our travelling, he could find all the rest stops with "the machine"! The rest they say is history. My brother and his wife are now geocachers in Conn. (Nushiekitty).

John's nickname is Wudeater 'cuz his next favorite toy (after the GPS) is a chainsaw and that's good news because we live in the wilds of Dedham. He's orginally from Western Maine and I'm "from away", but don't tell anyone.

When you run into us sometime, ask us to tell you the story of the day we saw 2 "full moons" out geocaching.

John and Diana
    Wudeater and Wife

Smile Yeahhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wudeater and Wife
    Hi there,
    Well Cameoooooo is the one who finally talked us into joining the group so first off thanks to her. And second it has been great to meet so many nice people geocaching. We've only run into one person who was out geocaching same time as us and that was just last week. We enjoyed the picnic last fall and I wear my doorprize regularly.

When you run into us sometime, ask us to tell you the story of the day we saw 2 "full moons" out geocaching.

John and Diana
    Wudeater and Wife
    Welcome to the group guys, it's about time you signed up!

I have heard the 2 "full moon" story and it's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Welcome to the group guys, it's about time you signed up!

I have heard the 2 "full moon" story and it's a good one!
    Woah! Tell the rest of us!

Talking

Hi all, got to this site from the forums on geacashing.com. This is kind of funny, I dont have any "finds" yet only because of living in the area for years i found the caches without any gps, (did not want to log em without the fun of doing the hunt) got one for xmas and i am learning how it works when time permits. Love this game, its great seeing where peaple will go to find treasure. I am a Berwick resident who comes from the true central maine. Stats---45 yrs, Old Town high 78, EMVTI grad, married with a 14 yr son and a foster parent.I think I am going to make a multi that will make finding me fun, Solve the Name, and there is only one of me. Then the FTF is a night out with us. I cant explain my handle yet you might know me! I will need to do some driving to get all the co ords. So i hope to be a participent in some fun times. Work gives me very little time but i love this already.

Talking

I should add that I have never run into anybody that has the same name as me.
    "only one of me" and that I first got turned onto geocashing when i read an article in the local paper last fall about peaple out hunting for hidden treaure.

What paper was that? If it's available online, I'd like to add it to the links section under "Maine Geocaching in the news".