vb:literal>

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us about yourself

Smile

I can attest to Beckets addiction....I seem to follow her around on a regular basis! Glad to hear you and Diggler have joined the group and looking forward to catching up with you both soon.

d’76 Guest

Smile

I can't wait to see you folks at the event cache.

I also am looking forward to caching up with you guys

i remember the day on mt desert that we were following each other around, wudeater & wife! another day, crimson crow and i were following drbugman around. i am really looking forward to meeting everyone. (guess i'll start using punctuation, too, to make reading my posts easier. the spaces seem to disappear. can't do the cap letters, though!)

Hello, All!!

I've been geocaching for a little while now and finally got my own GPSr so I could officially say I found the caches and not let someone else get the credit! It's a blast and I've succeeded in hooking my girlfriend and our kids on it as well! I got the GPSr for my birthday back in October 2004 and didn't get out as much as I would have liked, but the weather has been so darn nice lately that I and my crew all find ourselves saying that we have to get out and do some geocaching! I look forward to seeing you all on the trails somewhere. I'll probably have quite a crew behind me and I'll be holding my ETrex and scratching my head...while they find the cache, of course!
    Anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong...that means ALWAYS set a waypoint to your vehicle!! Rob

Smile geohikemaine

Hi,

I just got started with geocaching and kind of just stubled across it. It looked like a lot of fun. So I purchased a garmin 60cs, which I like to call "little garmy", I also have a Street pilot III gps ("garmy") very handy. I have a vanity plate "geohike", tried to get geohike on geocaching.com but it was already taken to geohikemaine sound good. I like hiking and geocaching so geohike seemed perfect.

I am really enjoying geocaching. I love to explore and to hike and this is turning out to be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to many years of fun.

About me. I was born in California and grew up in Oregon and Montana. Went to college in Montana and have a M.S in Computer Science. From there I got a job with the U.S. Forest Service where I have been every since. I moved out here with my girlfriend and have lived in berwick about 3 years.

Most memorable trips: Yellowstone NP, Zion NP, Grand Canyon, Pink Jeep tours sedona, AZ. I haven't done much exploring around here but hope to get in a lot of adventures with geocaching.

It took me a while to get used to changing from MT to Maine but I am really starting to like it here.

I will be at the CITO event on the 21st.

Kirk (geohikemaine)

Smile Welcome aboard

Kirk, Let me be the first to say welcome. Glad to see you'll be at the CITO next weekend. I hope to have a bunch of last minute signers and make it a really good turnout for the Geocaching community. Enjoy your caching and hiking in Maine. "The way caching should be" (shameless plug)
    Happy Trails!

Welcome, Kirk!

Sheesh! After caching in the mountains of the west, these "hills" in Maine must all seem like 1/1 difficulty/terrain to you! LOL!

I Wish I had discovered caching when I lived out west, think of all the fun I missed, but that was back when caching was just starting 2000-2001 so perhaps there weren't that many? I just started caching about 3-4 weeks ago, so I am really really new. I do go back out west for family visits once a year, I might just stop by Utah on the way to MT and get in some caching, just love those canyons in S. Utah.

Looking forward to caching adventures around here, did some caching/hiking over in NH a few weeks ago. Think I will do some caching up north in Maine a bit this weekend, perhaps the White Mountains somewhere if the weather permits.

See you at the CITO event.

Kirk.
    Last edited by gpsxplr; 05-13-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Default Bozeman?

Kirk,

I have a lot of relatives in Bozeman. Hope to trade some stories at the CITO event.

Default Missoula

Actually I am from Missoula, lived there about 18 years.
    Been to bozeman a couple of times, Museum of the rockies, and the lewis
    and clark caverns to the nw (very cool).

Kirk.