vb:literal>

Thread: Heli-caching!

Hybrid View

Default Heli-caching!

I have a client that has a helicopter service. He was in my office recently and I mentioned my geocaching hobby. "Any places where I could land the chopper?" Well, I've been thinking about it and I think there's a whole bunch of places where a chopper might be helpful. He doesn't have all that fancy Coast Guard stuff to lower you in so it would have to be places he could land. He was a pilot in Vietnam and says he doesn't need a whole lot of room..just not near power lines.

I can't go this week but think with a little planning this could be fun. I need ideas for heli-caches and two cachers who are fearless!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    He was a pilot in Vietnam and says he doesn't need a whole lot of room..just not near power lines.
    Sheesh! I've been in helicopters several times, but was only in one once in Vietnam. Rode "door gunner" on a Huey from Can Tho (in the Mekong Delta) to Saigon. I think the pilot was trying to show the "cherry boy' a thing or two, and scared the bejesus out of me several times. After that, when I had to travel, I declined the opportunity to go on a chopper...

Fearless? I am to dumb to have fear!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Thumbs up I'd go.

I would go in a helicopter in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to ride in one. Keep me in mind if that happens.
    Happy Trails!

ooh, ooh, ooh pick me, pick me. you know dan i'm married that should be enough said. NO FEAR!!!!!
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

I always thought it'd be fun to have some outlaw pilot drop us off on Katahdin at 3 Am so we could watch the sun rise and enjoy the morning up there and hike down.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

My West Mt. Kenebago cache has a helipad! I'm willing to barter landing fees for a lift! Seriously, I have no idea who owns it or why it is there. I don't even know for sure if it is/was intended to be a landing pad. Last time I was there it did seem to be in good repair. And, I live across the street from Auburn airport!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I've always wanted to do this one...
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...f-15f835b7155d

No lady takers? I'm up for adventure! Will be lowered down or will he land? Oh, and I promise not to fall down!

I was thinking extreme winter caching.... drop and slide/ski/tumble....what ever works. Just so long as you get caches on the way down. The White Mtns. would be a fun place to put a Winter trail of 5/5s.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!