vb:literal>

Thread: Wish me luck

Default Wish me luck

Thanks to a helpful suggestion from one of Dan's caching friends (and my co-worker ) I will be donating my time to Inland Hospitals "Men's Maintainance" evening tomorrow. The Kennebec/Messalonskee trails organization has a booth and they have asked me to present geocaching as a topic. I'm even planting a few temp "caches" for interested parties to find. I think that this is a small re-payment to an organization that has done great work in our area opening trails up for public enjoyment. Plus I have 3 or 4 caches located on the trail in Benton. (much to the pleasure of K/M Trails I might add. They are really supportive of caching)

If anyone is in the area or at all interested in making fun of me for a short period of time, swing on by. I will not be placing a cache in the middle of the helicopter pad. Maybe. (it would make for a fun FTF though) One of the big-wigs at Inland is so interested, he might let me plant a regular cache on the grounds in the park they have there, so keep an eye out for a notification!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Sounds like there is some goodwill being addressed with the K/M trails association. Before I left Maine I had a couple of conversations with Peter Garrett and he was all for caching on the trails. I went to a couple of those Men's maintenance programs a few years back and they were always very informative. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Coordinates or address for those of us not familiar with where or what your talking about, like me.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

The "Men's maintenance" program is held at Inland Hospital on KMD in Waterville. That's all I can tell you from here.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh, I see. Now that gives us a place to start.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I really do not have that much info on it. I understand that there are multiple displays to try an encourage men to live healthy and get out more. I know that this is an annual event. I'll find out!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Default Men's wellness

Kudos to Tracy for doing this. I spoke at the K/M's annual meeting and they are clearly on board with the caching community. I would have enjoyed speaking about caching again but I'm starting my summer vacation tomorrow. I'm sure Tracy will provide enthusiasm and his good sense of humor to this gathering. And, for those of you out there who don't "know your numbers", might be a good idea to attend. Do you know your BP, your AIC, your HDL, LDL, triglycerides? Do you even know what those things are? Time to find out!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Kudos to Tracy for doing this. I spoke at the K/M's annual meeting and they are clearly on board with the caching community. I would have enjoyed speaking about caching again but I'm starting my summer vacation tomorrow. I'm sure Tracy will provide enthusiasm and his good sense of humor to this gathering. And, for those of you out there who don't "know your numbers", might be a good idea to attend. Do you know your BP, your AIC, your HDL, LDL, triglycerides? Do you even know what those things are? Time to find out!
    I have a vague idea. What's your point. Frankly, a little "bloodletting" now could save a lot heartache in the future.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Default Whew

It went OK. I teamed up with the kind folks with the K/M trails and we spent 3 hours "On display". I planted a hide on the grounds and plugged the location into my Delorme. Then, being trusting, I let people borrow the unit to try and find the hide. Overall we spoke with about 70-80 people and about 10 or so really were interested to the point where they wanted info on GPS's, geocachingmaine.org and GC.com. I displayed a bunch of coins that I have and a few TB's and a few cachers came in and "discovered" them. Who knows, maybe we'll see a few new faces out there.
    Geocaching Parrotheads