vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Geocaching.com killed the Google Earth KML

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Is that using the new "Google Earth Viewer"? Because the Google Earth Viewer is still a kml that replaces the old kml. And as before, the caches may be up to 100 feet off, and you are limited to so many views a day (250 for premium members, and 25 for basic members). And you can't see more than 500 caches in any given view at a time.
    Yes, how it was before? However you have unlimited views per day since their limits doesn't work, but don't tell them

Why would anyway want more than 250 views is beyond me anyway>>>
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Brdad and Cano and a few others in here who are adept with all this geocaching lingo and such ought to get together and compare notes and make some great GSAK macros by the way these guys interact.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Why would anyway want more than 250 views is beyond me anyway>>>
    It does not take long. For example, when I plan a trip, like when we went to Arizona or our southern trip this Spring, I look over the entire planned route for interesting caches, and then adjust my route if I find one outside the basic route. Every time you adjust the screen or zoom in or out you get changed another view. I have not used the new kml enough to see if it was faulty, but I have been locked out with the old one, and I think it was set to 500 views then.

But most of the time, I never use anywhere near my daily allotment.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Brdad and Cano and a few others in here who are adept with all this geocaching lingo and such ought to get together and compare notes and make some great GSAK macros by the way these guys interact.
    What is left? What would you want a macro to do that GSAK can't already do, or the many macros available on the GSAK site? If you need a macro no one has made yet, someone may be willing to help. I'm not a good programmer by any means, I just treat it like a puzzle, I like to figure out how to make things work.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

The issues with Google Earth not displaying caches have been fixed. Go to your profile on GC.com and on the right side - scroll down towards the bottom and you will see a new download. Do it - open google earth - on the left go to the tab at the bottom - move it up so it is saved when you exit - and there you are. I loved this feature of GE and am very happy it is back.

I think this is great....does anyone know how you can limit the view to the ones you've Not Found ?
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!