vb:literal>

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust.

Default Another one bites the dust.

Just happened to be reading that someone has asked for the archival of the Monument Hill cache. What a shame! I think being one of the oldest caches in Maine that someone would volunteer to adopt it or at least replace the cache so others can at least have a chance to find one of the older caches in the state. It even has what I like about a cache,a nice little hike and a great view. There has to be someone out that way to help this cache survive. If I were up there I would do it!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-a34274771b97
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default I'd consider it

It's not that far away and I've cached that area. How does the "forced" adoption go? Should I email Maine Publisher?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I note that the cache owner hasn't been on GC.com in almost 4 years. Surely there must be a procedure to adopt an abandoned cache...

Adoptions cannot be "forced" since Groundspeak does not own the cache. If the cache owner initiates the adoption process, it is simple and fast.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Adoptions cannot be "forced" since Groundspeak does not own the cache. If the cache owner initiates the adoption process, it is simple and fast.
    gpsfun "forced" the adoption of GC128 to me as the original owner did not reply...

OK guys here is a chance to show off your skills. I'm talking to you hackers out there. Sign on, hack their password and send the adoption out. How hard can that be. They obviously have abandoned the cache and sight. Come on show your skills.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    OK guys here is a chance to show off your skills. I'm talking to you hackers out there. Sign on, hack their password and send the adoption out. How hard can that be. They obviously have abandoned the cache and sight. Come on show your skills.
    Don't you work in security?

Seems like a victimless crime to me, however.

Maybe , if it's archived, someone could put an EarthCache there,as the spot of one of the oldest Caches in Maine that has a great view and put a physical "Tribute" Cache to the original 600 feet away. It could be a 2fer.
    Just an idea.

Opalsns

As I see it a cacher has asked that it be archived and given reasons to do so. The Maine reviewer should send a message to the hider to check the cache and if not done in 30 days should archive it. Then the area is open for someone else to place a cache there.

Not only has the person who placed the cache there not been on line since 2005 but their membership has expired and their email has been deactivated because it was not validated.

By all means archive this cache and his/her other one too and let a cacher who will take care of a new cache place one there.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    gpsfun "forced" the adoption of GC128 to me as the original owner did not reply...
    There's your answer TAT...you have the power ...lol. Maybe if the Pisgah Fire Tower cache is in need of some maintenance as well both of those caches could be adopted at the same time since they are both owned by the same person and activated the same day. Just a thought.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.