vb:literal>

Thread: Facebook advertising

Default Facebook advertising

ALERT: Facebook has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures without your permission. Click on "Settings" up at the top where you see the "Logout" link. Select "Privacy". Then select "News Feed and Wall". Next, select the tab that reads "Facebook Ads". In the drop down box, select "No One". Then save your changes. Do it now. Help your friends...cut and paste this into your status
    Blazing Troll

Default Thanks!

Done, Thanks for the heads up!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

heh, I'd love to see the kind of stuff they would use my pics to advertise for........
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Something I had been told a long time ago was that through social networking sites -- when accessing games and other applications via these sites viruses can be launched.

Guess it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Something I had been told a long time ago was that through social networking sites -- when accessing games and other applications via these sites viruses can be launched.

Guess it is always better to be safe than sorry.
    Yes, that's true with any third party software. and, even with no viruses, those apps are allowed to access all of your data and the data of your friends. And not just the data you fill out in the apps, phone numbers, names, everything!

It's amazing how people will complete some of those surveys like the IQ test and think they have any merit.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It's amazing how people will complete some of those surveys like the IQ test and think they have any merit.
    Sheesh! You mean it doesn't have any merit? And I thought I scored real high.

And I also think that, even though it costs, anti-virus software is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! You mean it doesn't have any merit? And I thought I scored real high.
    Yes, in your case it has merit, Bruce. Your IQ is 212, no one would repudiate that. Nor would they question that in your past life you were a Wart Hog or if you were a beer you would be a Bockbier.

Edit: No offense, but I think I am better at this than most of the facebook apps!
    Last edited by brdad; 07-27-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    And I also think that, even though it costs, anti-virus software is a must.
    I use Avast!, which is free, and I have had good luck with it. I know other people use another free one, I forget the name now, but I am sure someone will speak up. I have tried the two major pay ones and I never liked how either dragged my computer down so much, and I have seen viruses get by those too. Updating any antivirus software often is the key!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I use AVG which tends to work very well....I also check mine for updates almost daily.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Nor would they question that in your past life you were a Wart Hog or if you were a beer you would be a Bockbier. :
    Sheesh! You're right. I would have made a great "wort" hog. LOL! But you lost me with that "bockbier" line.