vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WhereIGo - Cache in Bangor

lol......should have seen me caching for a day w/my Colorado... carrying a heavy external battery source.... and an external antenna attached to my hat I'd take the netbook Any day! A much bigger screen......Faarrr lighter and less cumbersome... and the best mapping you can ask for... lol
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

It was nice to see a FTF on Cano's WhereIGo cache in Bangor today. The FTF goes to g-o-cashers and it sounds like well deserved. Congratulations!

Also, some notes were posted about doing this with a Colorado or Oregon.

I done have time to look up the results of the FTF on the Werigo, but at the meeting several bugs on different machines were talked about and the different ways to fix them. Also it was very interesting on how the Werigo program is set up and the problems and fixes that can be wrote into the adventure.

The werigo caches can be very frustrating if you don't know how the programs are set up and how the devices react to the program.

The program and caches that we did were fantastic though. What a great time we had doing them. It was quit the adventure.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Had a great time doing this one yesterday afternoon. It was very cleverly done and lots of fun! It certainly was worth delaying my trip back home to stick around until we finished it. A lot of good laughs along the way :-D

Cano loaned us what we needed to do this, so we were able to complete it over the weekend as well! I agree with eebee, very clever and lots of fun!

OK, so I got tired of this one being on my list and seeing that I'm starting to get back into caching a little, I was looking for ways to do this one with the equipment that I have. I got a Android phone back in October of last year and was looking for a way to do the WhereiGo on that but it wasn't possible. That has changed now. If you have an Android phone, whether it be through Verizon Wireless, US Celluar, or T-Mobile, there is an app in the market place now called WhereYouGo that allows for you to download the cartridges and do these. I just completed Cano's this morning and eventually when I get down to the Portland area, I'll hit that one as well.
    What you do is download the application on your phone to start. After you do that, you have to download the cartridge itself. This can't be done on the phone as the phone doesn't recognize the file extension. You need to download the cartridge on your PC, Netbook, or Mac and save it somewhere you can find it after, like the desktop. Once you do this, either connect the phone to the computer or use your memory card with a reader so you can transfer the cartridge. You need to put the cartridge on the SD card in the WhereYouGo folder that is created by the app. Once you've done this, open the app and when you hit Start, it will display the available cartridges that you've loaded and you can select the one you want to do.
    This was a pretty cool little adventure as it is something a little more than reading a description and going for it. The GPS/ phone becomes kind of a story teller. I will say, when using the app, don't plan on using the phone to make/receive calls or respond to text messages as the app doesn't seem to like to save your progress if you navigate away from it. Other than that, I had a good time going through this one this morning. Feel free to PM, email me, or get me on facebook if you want assistance trying to do set your phone up to do this one.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I did it using my Nuvi and all went extremly well.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I did it using my Nuvi and all went extremly well.
    So, how did you get your nuvi to do there whereigo? I've got the 255W.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

The Oregon 450 does WhereIGo. Haven't tried it yet though.

I think the only Nuvis that handle Wherigo is the 500 series.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."