vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobi Wan Kenobi Finds 250!

Default Jobi Wan Kenobi Finds 250!

Well, not so many compared to most of you, but I'm happy with it. A lot of this was done over the course of my 50 mile commute home from work. Getting harder now, as I'm having to find creative ways of getting home in order to find more.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and getting to see a lot of places I would never have known about.

May The Force Be With You!
    Jobi Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Jobi Wan Kenobi View Post
    Well, not so many compared to most of you, but I'm happy with it. A lot of this was done over the course of my 50 mile commute home from work. Getting harder now, as I'm having to find creative ways of getting home in order to find more.

Anyway, I'm having fun, and getting to see a lot of places I would never have known about.

May The Force Be With You!
    Jobi Wan Kenobi
    Jobi - congrats on your milestone! Sorry no one posted it for you - there are a lot of members and that makes it harder for those who may not know you to notice your milestone. Humble apology here!

Anyway - you have pointed out a point I learned late too! Finding caches close to your home/venue/commute and then you are stumped (so to speak!). It was well after I started, someone suggested you should not find everything close to you first - but rather last. But I had already violated this rule........big time!

So - the only way you can fix it - is to ignore all new published caches close to you. Yes, that means ignoring potential FTFs! And spend the rest of the summer we have (oh - will we really have summer weather??) - searching caches a ways away from you.

Then as the weather deteriorates - move your search center in - hopefully closer to home with new caches.

Again - I was not told to search out - until late in my caching experience. I, now, still do go for a few FTFs but not like I used to do. My circumference of cache area and density is surely not like Portland and I realize it.

Go with the flow and enjoy the journey! Cache on- cache happy!

Congratulations!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Default I think about fifty are my caches!

May the force be with you Jobi!!!

Ahhhh.......strong w/him the Geo-Force is ......me thinks
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Default YODA!! Did not know you were a cacher!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Ahhhh.......strong w/him the Geo-Force is ......me thinks

Nice to hear from you Yoda.

Be mindful young nanowan.........let the Geo-Force guide you.

I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Congratulations...one at a time and they just keep adding up. Great pic above!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Be mindful young nanowan.........let the Geo-Force guide you.

Loved the pic.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Congratulations!

When my daughter was young I think we must have seen Star Wars 50 times.....

There are also quite a few Star Wars pathtags that have been made. I have a Yoda one. It says "Find or find not, there is no try..."

But anyway, congratulations and may the force be with you.... and guide you to the caches....

And when I started caching I think there were about 3 or 4 caches in the 50 mile radius around where I lived. So I've learned to take only caching vacations, and if you go anywhere, anywhere at all, even to the hospital for emergency surgery or something fun like that, check first to see if there's a nearby cache you can grab!!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows