vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tl 2009

Aaron . . . I was looking at the map and trying to determine what caches will be available . . . there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of local caches so it seems as though most of the caching would be on the way in or the way home from the event. What is the best route to the site . . . I mean this one seems a bit off the beaten path compared to past events.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Is anyone going to show up on Friday night?
    Also keep in mind for those attending that there is a gate fee at the Jo-Mary gate.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Is anyone going to show up on Friday night?
    Also keep in mind for those attending that there is a gate fee at the Jo-Mary gate.
    Ill be there friday night, so will brad, dave and gail might.

the gate fees are posted on the cache page

There's a really cool cache on the way in, "jo-who" I forget who placed that one....

are you gunna make it up for the event rick???

And to anyone else going up bring your kayak/canoe brad, me, dave & gail, and lois are bringing boats.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Aaron . . . I was looking at the map and trying to determine what caches will be available . . . there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of local caches so it seems as though most of the caching would be on the way in or the way home from the event. What is the best route to the site . . . I mean this one seems a bit off the beaten path compared to past events.

no, there's not a whole lotta caches up that way, but it's still a nice area, and the caches around there are some nice ones. theres always the ride into wheelbarrow pitch you can do, the bridge is out but you can probably hike into 10-40, and gauntlet falls is on the way too.

I plan on hiding a short poker run on fri night, and there will be a $20 cache prize for the first person to replace "the wandering orca" cache up by chamberlain...

so with that to do, the kayaking, and the hanging around the campground eating and havin fun. maybe we can have a beanbag tourney too. I think there will be plenty to keep us entertained.

Have you got many folks coming Hiram? Any good routes planned? What's your three-day plan of attack?

well, i was thinking we'll keep to the traditional "play it by ear" approach. that method hasn't failed us the last 3 years...

right now it's looking like a total of 8 that have confirmed coming. which is pretty good since the usual TL group is 6 to 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    are you gunna make it up for the event rick???
    I am going to try to make it if I do not have to work. I figured I could knock out two birds with one stone. Since the Appalachian Trail is less then a mile from the event, I figured I would do some trail magic for the hikers. I have to leave Saturday though if I make it.
    Blazing Troll

I hope to be there . . . but at this point I'm beginning to waffle . . . it's quite a ways for very few caches . . . I'll see what the weather brings.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I hope to be there . . . but at this point I'm beginning to waffle . . . it's quite a ways for very few caches . . . I'll see what the weather brings.
    remember jake, it's not all about the numbers....

I knew I was going to enjoy the event when, within 5 minutes of arriving, I was already in my kayak It was a great time. Thanks!

;-) Wonderful memories - that's all I can say.