vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Fellow JEEP Cachers in Southern Maine

Default Looking for Fellow JEEP Cachers in Southern Maine

Hello to all,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chadd Roper, and I am a Jeeper/Cacher in the Kennebunk area. I am looking for others in the area who enjoy both of the activities.

I'd like to find some good caches around the state as well, which are Jeep accessible, and share caches that I have found which are fun for off roaders alike.

I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, highly modified:

2.5in TeraFlex lift
    32in BFG Mud Terrains
    AEV Snorkel
    Olympic OffRoad Boa and Cobra front and rear bumpers
    Cobra 29LTD CB w/ 96in whip, and PA system
    Superwinch EPi 6.0
    TeraFlex sway-bar disconnects
    Fully bed liner coated interior
    Smittybilt G.E.A.R. seat covers

Hope to hear from some of you!

my email is caroperphotography@mac.com
    and my youtube page with many of my Jeep and off roading adventure videos of myself and my friends on our excursions is at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/longlivenikon

Happy Jeeping and Happy Caching!

~Chadd

Aw man . . . you just missed the ORCA Tread Lightly Event . . . you would have been the hit of the Event . . . well other than Hiram's cooking, Gail's birthday, the meteor shower, the kayaking . . . well you get the idea. Make sure you come next year!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Talking Welcome Chadd!!

I also have an 08 not so modified JK Unlimited. Love it though.. We do live a ways apart unfortunately. I need to get down you way and check out all those new caches you are putting out. I do recommend the Yorktown series near China. Not too extreme, but a fun series. See you some time. Come up to Bangor on Sept 12 for my event. You can meet a bunch of cachers there.
    Happy Trails!

Default Chadd's Mad Machine!

Wow! I'm going with you! I have a Z71 Silverado with tow hooks in the front and back that you can hook your winch to, plus when I'm off-road I have more courage then brains! Brad's Jeep is rather well equipped as well, can haul 20 pizzas and enough soda for a platoon with no problems. Is it yellow or orange Brad?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Talking Well Dan...

It's still yellow underneath the Tread Lightly mud from last weekend.
    Happy Trails!

ahhh yes, the good ol jeep vs truck argument. having owned jeeps and having owned trucks. I can honestly say they each have their place, but since I currently own a truck I'm batting for that team....

so I've got plenty of tow straps leftover from my jeep that we can do some bumper to bumper jeep drags with....

and back to the topic...

Welcome to the forums, if you're ever up this way there's quite a few nice places to 4x4. And yes the yorktown series is worth the drive, it's not too rough, but it's off road and there's lots of cool spots and some history to go along with it.

You just missed the last tread lightly event, but no worries, next years event is already in the planning stages.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I have a truck w/off-road tires...and a 60" Hi-lift jack. Being 7k lbs., I don't take it too far off solid ground It sure is handy for doing things like the SMR and riding up North...esp. w/a cap on it for overnights.

I'm Very sorry I missed yet another ORCA event! Couldn't find anyone that wanted to ride along.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I have a truck w/off-road tires...and a 60" Hi-lift jack. Being 7k lbs., I don't take it too far off solid ground It sure is handy for doing things like the SMR and riding up North...esp. w/a cap on it for overnights.

I'm Very sorry I missed yet another ORCA event! Couldn't find anyone that wanted to ride along.
    aww cmon, the most memorable predicatments i've ever found myself in have been when i've been in the middle of nowhere by myself, those are times you don't forget.

and that's one to grow on...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post

Come anyways . . . you can always find someone at camp that will ride along with ya for the ride.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ahhh yes, the good ol jeep vs truck argument. having owned jeeps and having owned trucks. I can honestly say they each have their place, but since I currently own a truck I'm batting for that team....
    And where do SUVs fit into the picture . . . I mean real SUVs with skid plates, tow points and real ground clearance . . . not yuppie mobiles for hauling around groceries and soccer kids?

On a serious note . . . it's good to hear from you . . . I was a bit worried to not see you here or on Facebook.