vb:literal>

Thread: Caching Trip

Default Caching Trip

Thought I might post some of my encounters on my eclectic caching trip. I wanted to start out on Monday the 20th to go to the Mega Event Mid West Geo Bash in Waseon Ohio. A little under 1,000 miles the route I planned.

Right away the plans changed. Lexmano had gathered a bunch of his team mates to collectively sign the NE Centum challenge cache and then meet at a BBQ place for a victory dinner and then on to the MGA coffee break in Biddeford. I couldn't resist. Seeing all those enthusiastic caches telling stories was something I'm glad I didn't miss.

I headed out for Ohio after that event at around 9PM. Dove until I got out of Maine and then the Nuvi went bing. I knew I was coming bach so I did not stop. However many other bings I did have to follow and get the cache. This went on for many hours until about 4AM. I decided to stop and take a nap.

Got up and did a bunch more caches and kept heading West. Got to Waseon At about 6PM and spent the rest of the night meeting people.

My first Mega Event was very cool and I'm having a great time.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

sounds like you are having a blast. wish we could be there. we look forward to hearing more of your adventure. cache safe and live crazy
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Hope you have some pics to share with us all when you get back.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Computer modem died. Bought one of those netbooks. Love it. Getting all the info transfered. Many pictures coming.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Alright....maybe we can do the WhereIgo together...... show how valuable the netbooks truly are in the world of geocaching
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Alright....maybe we can do the WhereIgo together...... show how valuable the netbooks truly are in the world of geocaching
    Mine is sitting - ready to do the job but I just am a dumbie to get things downloaded. It will eventually happen.

Netbook was the way to go on our trip in June - awesome!