vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eustis

Default Eustis

For those who have been to Eustis and like it, or for those who are thinking of coming to this year's event (September 26) you might like to check out some of the information at http:///www.eustismaine.com

Especially check out the info at "The Valley Below" and click on the Song/Video "Below" by Slaid Cleaves.

I'm trying to get some of the brochures to hand out at the Eustis event. And if you have money, the Huts & Trails tour of "the valley below" would be fun! If not, there's always kayaks....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Any place to rent kayaks up there?

We have four kayaks that we are bringing up, one is a tandem and you are welcome to use them.

I will probably bring mine too if I can find a way to transport it - would love a paddling partner or two.........Team Richards paddled with me last year - more to do.

If all goes well, I will be back in the country 2 days and will travel to the event on the 3rd day back. I'm torn......do I cache the area on Saturday or kayak? Jean's got some nice new ones out.....what say you LoisAnn?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I will probably bring mine too if I can find a way to transport it - would love a paddling partner or two.........Team Richards paddled with me last year - more to do.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I'm heading up today for a few days of camping and heading up to the event. I can't wait!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Any place to rent kayaks up there?
    You can rent kayaks at The Pines Market (just above Cathedral Pines Campground). Or, if you're staying at the campground, they rent canoes and kayaks. Or... you can borrow one of mine.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default SuitedPair

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I'm heading up today for a few days of camping and heading up to the event. I can't wait!!
    Suitedpair is already at the campground. They've been canoeing and finding my island caches. It's best to pick your weather for the lake ones, if it's a great day, go for the lake. If not, there are plenty on the land... And it's usually calmer early or late in the day, unless you like strong head winds.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Suitedpair is already at the campground. They've been canoeing and finding my island caches. It's best to pick your weather for the lake ones, if it's a great day, go for the lake. If not, there are plenty on the land... And it's usually calmer early or late in the day, unless you like strong head winds.

We've found two so far and are thinking of dragging out kayaks out to Myers beach to grab another. My arms are hurting a little, but it's a good hurt! Almost 80, sun, sun, sun! If not for the useless event we would have never found this area, now we are trying to figure out how to get up here multiple times a year!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

It is surely one of my favorite areas in Maine. We used to camp out at Cathedral Pines many years ago when it only cost $3.50 a night to use the facilities. Goes to show how old I am.. We also used to fish at Sarampas falls for some nice brookies right from the picnic area. The good old days!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.