vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gsak

Default Gsak

I just got a new netbook. I am trying to go paperless. I did this with the other one already.

I can't register GSAK even with a new paid for registration. I keeps saying to check the caps lock and I never use it so it's fine. Just name and serial number do not match. I even did what they asked and copied it and pasted. Just won't work.

I also can not download the Download Garmin Nuvi GSAK Macro file

This is what I get...
    #*******************************************
    # MacVersion = 2.0
    # MacDescription = All Garmin Nuvis - Geocaching POI Export with Description, Hint and Logs!!
    # MacAuthor = Pilotsnipes
    # MacFileName = garmin-nuvi-exportgpx.gsk
    # MacUrl = http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=193374
    # Personally only tested with a Nuvi 760 and Nuvi 360.
    # Based on code from IpodNotes.gsk by Clyde.
    # Based on code from MergeGPX.gsk by Kai Team.
    # Colours for Nuvi 3xx series added!
    # ALL Nuvis can now use POILoader to send the data to the units!
    # Nuvi 2xx can now use TourGuides!! Thanks to knowschad for pointing me in the direction and "Hornbyp" for the specifics in his posts.
    # Thanks to jjreds for some good ideas in his macro that I've included here.
    # Unless there are serious bugs discovered, this will be the final version of this macro. It is far exceeded by jjreds macro which can be found
    # here: http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download

#Macro starts here
    # Version check
    VERCHECK Version=7.2.3.000 (please update GSAK to the latest version to run this macro - see http://gsak.net. It has not been tested with older versions.)
    SET $version_macro = "2.0"

GOSUB Name=Declare
    ECT. ECT...

Any help?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I just got a new netbook. I am trying to go paperless. I did this with the other one already.

I can't register GSAK even with a new paid for registration. I keeps saying to check the caps lock and I never use it so it's fine. Just name and serial number do not match. I even did what they asked and copied it and pasted. Just won't work.
    Was it registered before? If so, perhaps you should try the old registration number? If you lost that, you can obtain it here. Sometimes on these things you need to copy and paste your name into as well as the code, if it has odd characters or double spaces you don't see.

I also can not download the [URL="http://pilotsnipes.googlepages.com/garmin-nuvi-exportgpx.gsk"]Download Garmin Nuvi GSAK Macro file[/URL

This is what I get...
    # MacVersion = 2.0
    # MacDescription = All Garmin Nuvis - Geocaching POI Export with Description, Hint and Logs!!

ECT. ECT...
    Any help?
    Your browser is opening the macro as a text file. How to cure it is browser-dependent, but one fix is to right click the link to the macro and choose "save as..." or "save link as..." instead of double clicking it. Once it's saved on your computer you can install it from GSAK. If you have an option to "open with..." you can do that as well and choose to open the macro with GSAK.
    Last edited by brdad; 08-02-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Well this is a new machine. Unless it downloaded the registered version somehow.

I did copy both my name and the registration number. Then I typed it in. Still no luck.

I'll give the right click thingy a try.

I meant if you have registered it on a previous computer. With GSAK you don't need to buy a new registration for each computer, you are allowed to use the registration on multiple computers or replacement ones.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

thats what I thought, but when I couldn't get it to work I just paid for it again. I have bought that same program 4 times now.

Give Clyde a buzz, he is pretty good about getting any help to you if you need it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

thats what I thought, but when I couldn't get it to work I just paid for it again. I have bought that same program 4 times now.
    GSAK version 6.##### and 7.###### require different reg keys. Could it be that?
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

It sure could. I'm going to be working on it today. Thanks.

I works finally. I erased the whole program and it worked just fine this time.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe you should use the three spare programs for swag in your caches!!!.......................Huh?.....er.....ne ver mind.......brain cramp...