vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capture the Flag TB Contest

Anyone live near Springvale, Maine?

A local cacher - Mr. Element - has one of the Capture the Flag (CTF) B's, and it would be great if someone could meet him at a cache, get the TB, and get it on the move again.

If a CTF TB is held by a cache for more than 3 days, penalty points are deducted daily, so keeping th TB's moving is important.

Here's the TB log:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/deta...b-bfdccea5e351

And here's a link to the CTF page:

http://newenglandgeocaching.com/capflag.php

If anyione is interested in being an ACTIVE participant in this contest, let me know. Hopefully we can keep most of the TB's in northernNew England.

If you want distance, Northern Maine is the way to go Roughly 770 points for every travel bug that gets near me in Caribou. I don't think the South will drive up this way to get them
    Last edited by blevesque; 05-06-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Default Mt Desert Tomorrow!!

I need to take a group of CTF TB's to the bonus cache at Somes Sound. I would like to have another cacher to hand them off to. If you'd be interested let me know. I was thinking around noon.
    Happy Trails!

Exclamation Next step

I am dropping the TB's today and Parmachenee is grabbing them back up. Does someone in the Bangor area want to take them for awhile. They need to get into another cache within 48 hours and then keep moving. Preferably out of the hands of the South players. I find this interesting but I am not going to go nuts over it. My dropping them in MDI will add around 3000 points to the score. I consider that not too bad. Please let me know ASAP, Thanks
    Happy Trails!

Default Somes TB dropoff & pickup

Wow, nice job folks :-)

If at any point you get tired of shuffling 'em on a daily basis, let us know over on the CtFNorth yahoo group (which you can get invited to by contacting Flask via gc.com) --my pals & I are enjoying the game, but it can get to be a bit much without a break every now and again, I found.

Nice points!

:-)

../Mosaica

Thumbs up Wooo Hooo

Dropping those bugs today were worth 4052 points for the north. We are kicking the souths butt big time.
    Happy Trails!

If Parmachenee picks the bugs up in MDI and drops in Bangor and the TB's go back to MDI do we get that same 4k points again? I could get them back there this week......

Quote Originally Posted by Wudeater and Wife
    If Parmachenee picks the bugs up in MDI and drops in Bangor and the TB's go back to MDI do we get that same 4k points again? I could get them back there this week......
    You can get credit for the bonus cache more than once, but only once a month.

That's why we'd like to keep these bugs in Maine until the end of the month, and then get them back to the New Hampshire people so they can get them into the caches there and in Vermont.

Thanks...

If we want to get them back to MDI in June, let me know..I've got a pretty flexible scheudle these days and wouldn't mind taking a ride. Also, I'm going to Mass the end of the month and will keep an eye open to pick up others from the south.