vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Miles to Maine: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail

Default 2000 Miles to Maine: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail

Thought I would share this with all of you.

CREA(Cathance River Education Alliance) and Topsham Public Library present the film: 2000 Miles to Maine: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail on Tuesday, August 4 at 6:30PM
    Join us as we view and talk about this film inspired by Bill Bryson's book A Walk in the Woods. The film recounts the stories and experiences of several hikers who begin their trek in Georgia and follow them all the way to Mount Katahdin.

Topsham Public Library
    25 Foreside Road
    Topsham, ME 04086
    (207) 725-1727

I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Good movie. I have both versions of it. Even met the director.

Team Teebow, I have several other movies just like this one. If you ever want to borrow them just let me know.
    Blazing Troll

Well I am going to check it out. Should be pretty interesting. I can only dream of hiking 2000 miles. Yikes!

team teebow 2 (cheryl)

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    Well I am going to check it out. Should be pretty interesting. I can only dream of hiking 2000 miles. Yikes!

team teebow 2 (cheryl)
    I will be starting the Appalachian Trail next March and hiking back to Maine. You are more than welcome to start with me.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I will be starting the Appalachian Trail next March and hiking back to Maine. You are more than welcome to start with me.

Gee thanks for the offer. That is totally awesome!! Are you making the journey by yourself? How cool!!! I wish you luck, health, strength, sanity, and whatever else you may need on the trails. How awesomely (is that a word?) cooler than cool!!

So tell me that you are going to write a book about your journey?

I am starting out by myself. There will be plenty of people that will also be starting when I start. I am sure I will fall into some group or as a friend calls it, a pod.

I would like to write a book. I am not much of a writer though. I am going to try to keep an online journal, I said try.

I have been doing as much hiking as my works permits right now. I have hiked the Bigelows twice in the last three weeks. I am doing a four day shakedown hike with two other people in a couple weeks. They are also hiking the Appalachian Trail next year but not starting the same day as I am.

This is all very exciting and scary at the same time. I have all my gear and my pack weight for any given day on the entire trip will not weight more then about 30 pounds.
    Blazing Troll

I know nothing about this endeavor, what is the usual amount of time needed?

Take me! Take me! Actually, I'm hoping to see you on the trail! Maybe in Vermont or a little South. Ellen (Twisted Sister 2) and I (Twisted Sister 1) are going to continue our section hiking of the AT next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Take me! Take me! Actually, I'm hoping to see you on the trail! Maybe in Vermont or a little South. Ellen (Twisted Sister 2) and I (Twisted Sister 1) are going to continue our section hiking of the AT next year.
    Sheesh! This actually a great idea. You active hikers could meet Rick at certain points along the route and hike with him. Maybe we could even organize a geocaching event somewhere along the trail...

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    I know nothing about this endeavor, what is the usual amount of time needed?
    It all depends on the hiker as to how long it takes. It will take on a average about six to seven months.
    Blazing Troll