vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin

Exclamation 2011 maine geocoin

With the 2009 coin at mint and it should be on sale soon we should start thinking about if we want a 2011 coin. We have all seen how long it takes for a group to agree on several aspects for a coin and then we all know how long it takes for art work and approvals to take especially when dealing with a group.

So to andy a big thank you for putting up with all the headaches.

So lets get our thoughts and ideas out so if we want a 2011 coin we can get a jump on it.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Sounds good to me. Looking around on here before I noticed that there were some designs that had been submitted that I liked a lot. We might already have a head start on one.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

There are some good ideas here. Lets see if people are going to want to do ANOTHER COIN and take in some more ideas as well.

I certainly would like to see a 2011 coin. I think reducing the number of people involved and streamlining the process would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    So lets get our thoughts and ideas out so if we want a 2011 coin we can get a jump on it.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    i certainly would like to see a 2011 coin. I think reducing the number of people involved and streamlining the process would be a great start.
    it is hard to reduce the number of people involved when we make decisions as a group. Maybe a committee of five or seven might be the answer. But then you have to get volunteers and that has to be approved and then ultimately you still have to answer to the group. The board members are here to help and guide they shouldn't have to make a decision on it. So by starting now we should be able to meet the year 2011 with a coin.

Is there a link to past submissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    Is there a link to past submissions?
    http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=3241
    try this it was the thread for the 2008 coin which is now the 2009 coin

There are some good ones there. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    it is hard to reduce the number of people involved when we make decisions as a group. Maybe a committee of five or seven might be the answer. But then you have to get volunteers and that has to be approved and then ultimately you still have to answer to the group. The board members are here to help and guide they shouldn't have to make a decision on it. So by starting now we should be able to meet the year 2011 with a coin.
    The Advisory Board was established for just the purpose you stated - to make decisions for GeocachingMaine.org. Saying that "they shouldn't have to make a decision on it" is incorrect.

I agree. My view is use a small committee (3-5 people), set and keep deadlines and give it to the board for a decision. Can members get involved? Of course. Open it up, discuss and then decide, staying within a deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    The Advisory Board was established for just the purpose you stated - to make decisions for GeocachingMaine.org. Saying that "they shouldn't have to make a decision on it" is incorrect.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.