vb:literal>

Thread: Lyme Disease

Default Lyme Disease

Well a cacher friend of mine that I recently started talking to has given me some bad news. She is being tested for probable lyme disease. She is nobody on here, she actually caches in the UK.

However, this got me to thinking of all of my Maine caching friends. I would like to meet up with many of you on the trails so I just wanted to wish everyone safe caching.

I know that sometimes people have gotten Lyme and recovered enough to continue caching eventually. However, from what I have read it is painfully inconvenient at best and fatal at its worst.

Enough of me rambling, just wanted to say that as I consider each of you a friend and wish you all very happy, healthy, and safe caching.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

i just got my blood tests back and it is negative for lyme disease thank god i don't think i could stay out of the sun that long. but we still don't know whats cAUsing all the pain my doctor will be running more tests. at the least it was not lyme disease
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

I did not even know that you were testing for it. Well I am glad it came back negative but I hope you feel better soon.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    i just got my blood tests back and it is negative for lyme disease thank god i don't think i could stay out of the sun that long. but we still don't know whats cuasing all the pain my doctor will be running more tests. at the least it was not lyme disease
    I hope your not allergic to the burger fumes.

I have been lucky. The last time I found tics on me was about 20 years ago.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I know of a teen that was cured after the side of her face started drooping. Misdiagnosed and false tests...She finally found her answer through alternative medicine doctors in Southern Maine. It wasn't cheap, but more promising than the other avenues. As I understand, the type of testing done in this area is not reliable!!! You have to send tests to an agency on the West Coast. If you don't have the money or believe in alternative medicines, then you're bound to the fate of many others infected locally.

Lyme disease attacks your bodies weakest chink in the armor. It can cause anything from physical to psychological illnesses. There are Many illnesses that go improperly diagnosed, and Lyme disease is the root to so many more than most people will ever know, unless properly tested. We don't have that capability here in New England.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Default Lyme

I was diagnosed myself with Lyme a few years ago. Luckily for me I had researched about it when my dog was diagnosed and knew the human symptoms immediately. You may or may not get the round rash that is an indication of possible Lyme. You may not even see a tick or feel a tick bite. I did not. I urge everyone to read online about the symptoms if you aren't aware and I hope that the testing improves.