vb:literal>

Thread: Travel Bug Problem

Default Travel Bug Problem

I've run into something I've never experienced before...

We picked up a normal TB this weekend. I go to the "Trackables" page on GC.com, enter the number, and up pops the TB's page.

I click on the "Found it? Log It!" button, enter the relevant info, click on "Submit log entry", and get the following error: "This Trackable (Hobo Dude Geocoin) hasn't been activated." (Again, this is a regular TB - not a geocoin.) Sheesh???

I know the TB number has been activated because I used it to get to the TB page. And I know the number I'm entering to log it is correct (the same number), and I've even had RULost2? enter it a couple of times to make sure I wasn't having a dyslexic moment.

Am I missing something here? I had just finished logging 4 other TB's, so I know I wasn't doing something wrong procedurally. Any explanations?

I'd wait 24 hours and try it again-might be a problem with the site.Like they say time heals all wounds...computer ones too

i know there are other issues with the site because the smilies were all gone from the maps yesterday....looked like we hadnt done nothing in the area!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've run into something I've never experienced before...

We picked up a normal TB this weekend. I go to the "Trackables" page on GC.com, enter the number, and up pops the TB's page.

I click on the "Found it? Log It!" button, enter the relevant info, click on "Submit log entry", and get the following error: "This Trackable (Hobo Dude Geocoin) hasn't been activated." (Again, this is a regular TB - not a geocoin.) Sheesh???

I know the TB number has been activated because I used it to get to the TB page. And I know the number I'm entering to log it is correct (the same number), and I've even had RULost2? enter it a couple of times to make sure I wasn't having a dyslexic moment.

Am I missing something here? I had just finished logging 4 other TB's, so I know I wasn't doing something wrong procedurally. Any explanations?
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    This might have done it - i just tried it again and it worked. Sometimes the reset button is just the thing. LOL! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    There are times I'd like to reach out and power cycle GC's servers....
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

we dropped of 4 or 5 TB's and geocoins yesterday and they are showing on the tb page as still on our possesion but on the cache page its in the invintory. How can it be in two places at one time???? and on some of the TB's home page it does not show our log where we dropped it off but if you click on the "veiw map" the log shows up there. It is really messing up the trackables and I hope when people find them they will be able to log them.

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    we dropped of 4 or 5 TB's and geocoins yesterday and they are showing on the tb page as still on our possesion but on the cache page its in the invintory. How can it be in two places at one time???? and on some of the TB's home page it does not show our log where we dropped it off but if you click on the "veiw map" the log shows up there. It is really messing up the trackables and I hope when people find them they will be able to log them.
    Yes, it's a terrible time for trackables to be screwing up. The event we went to in New Hampshire yesterday - "The 2011 TRFTHOI Cache Mob Event" - was a release of a huge number of TB's for a race. I'm not sure how many were released, but it must have been over 100. Since there are still 25 of the "racers" listed on the cache site, I hope people aren't having trouble getting them started.