vb:literal>

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Instead of miles on the road sign how about the year for each cache.

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    Instead of miles on the road sign how about the year for each cache.
    That is an option, too, and the MI could even be added to it. Using the years makes the numbers less random like the real sign is, however. Another alternative is use how many caches were placed each year. If we go with it, I am happy with any decision everyone makes.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I like the Mileage sign... and I like the idea of a copper coin as well. Rectangular.. YES -

Now.. here's my idea since there seems to be a consensus on having a moose...

Signpost on Side A - 2D with halfraised metal for wood grain, using a translucent brown for the signs. PMS White fill between planks. Raised metal text.

Since there would be a big rectangle to fill on the back, how 'bout this:

Moose standing up on rear (crossed) hooves, kinda like how one would adjust their legs if leaning against a wall.

Moose holding a "Caching Maine - 10 Years" sign in front hooves (clasped). Moose is obviously hiding behind a signpost!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GeocoinDesign.com View Post
    I like the Mileage sign... and I like the idea of a copper coin as well. Rectangular.. YES -

Now.. here's my idea since there seems to be a consensus on having a moose...

Signpost on Side A - 2D with halfraised metal for wood grain, using a translucent brown for the signs. PMS White fill between planks. Raised metal text.

Since there would be a big rectangle to fill on the back, how 'bout this:

Moose standing up on rear (crossed) hooves, kinda like how one would adjust their legs if leaning against a wall.

Moose holding a "Caching Maine - 10 Years" sign in front hooves (clasped). Moose is obviously hiding behind a signpost!
    That sounds really neat. Great idea

How about a moose sitting under a pine tree next to a light house eating a lobster?

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    How about a moose sitting under a pine tree next to a light house eating a lobster?
    or this

Moo

I think this is something along the lines of what GeocoinDesign.com is suggesting. Pardon my bad photoshopping and theft of web images. I am no artist so I can't do it by hand.

Using an image like this does tie the topic of the two sides together. We could add pine cone in too, but I forgot and it's 4AM, and I need to be up in an hour and a half...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10yearcdcodesback.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	545  
    Last edited by brdad; 10-27-2010 at 08:19 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm not likin the sign post. Barry's coin was the sign post, Loved that one.
    I like the Moose, crossed legged, holding the 10 year sign, leaning on maybe an old pickup with a hunter or Cacher tied to it.

I really like the sign idea. Preferably with miles to make it look more authentic. Also like the moose but that could be substituted with whitetail deer or ruffed grouse (pahtridge).

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    I'm not likin the sign post. Barry's coin was the sign post, Loved that one.
    I like the Moose, crossed legged, holding the 10 year sign, leaning on maybe an old pickup with a hunter or Cacher tied to it.
    I hadn't thought of that. Barry did have a coin like this. I like the concept and the designs that are shaping up, but don't like repeating an idea that's already been done.