vb:literal>

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Exclamation 2011 maine geocoin design

For those interested in a 2011 maine geocoin we are looking for designs to be submitted. If you have a design or an idea for a coin please post it here. We will be taking input and designs untill 1/10/2010. This should be enough time for everyone to have a chance to give their input and or designs. With a deadline on designs this should help to expedite the beginning stages of the coin.

In the interest of completing this project in a timely manner, this thread will be closely monitored and moderated. All off-topic or personal remarks will be removed.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Here is the link to the 2009 coin thread for anyone who wants to consider previous ideas. 2008 Geocaching Maine coin inputs

Also, remember if you are not artistic and just have an idea post it here and maybe someone can work with it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I really like that winter scene.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

A couple of the links in brdad's post are no longer valid. Could there be a clean post here with the viable submissions and links done please?

Also, I think the former submitters should affirm their willingness for this to be in the consideration for 2011 - JMHO. This could be done by posting on this link and/or someone PMing or EMing them for permission. What was once acceptable, may no longer be - who knows? Sort of a CYA.

Who would one PM or EM with an idea (not ready but needing help) rather than posting it all here?

Great idea on the time line to submit and I presume the same will happen all the way along this time.

Thank you!

Most of the images plus a few more along with mention of the creator can be found in the photo gallery in the Maine Geocoin Inputs

These are the ones in the link I posted in the previous thread.

Not sure whose this is?

Dr. Who (Rick made a mockup of this with a heart shape, snopwshoes on one side; lobster on the other.

Bassoon (Only visited this site the day he joined, gc.com account has been closed)

I think all of these designs are not much more than ideas and need enough improving that permission is not necessary. However, it would be nice if they knew. If we need to discuss that, let's do so in another thread.

As far as who to send ideas to if you don't feel like sharing them here, send them to anyone you know who might be able to get the idea into a rough image. I wish we had a resident computer artist? Anyone? Anyway, I am willing to help time permitting and I am sure others as well. I'm no artist but I can usually get my point across.

In my opinion, if you have an idea (even if it's just in words) and share it here, someone may put it into an image and others may have ideas to make it even better.
    Last edited by brdad; 08-12-2009 at 06:43 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I did these. If anyone wants to put them in for 2011 then you have my permission.

This was put together by me from Dr. Who's design. The coin would be heart shaped.

Bassoon as Brdad mentioned.
    Blazing Troll

Thanks folks - the links you posted all work.

any coin ideas are welcome. keep in mind it should have something about geocachingmaine.org on it to help promote the site. another reminder is if you have an idea and you don't think you can draw ask for help thats how i was able to get my design on the site for the 2009 coin.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

I think a great idea for the next coin would be one in the shape of Maine. I have seen many coins with the state taking on the shape and it would be cool to have one like that. I think everyone knows what the state of Maine looks like of if they didn't they would have after it's made. Incorporate anything you wish on the front and back.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

2011 will be the 10 year mark for caching in Maine, with the Fort Williams cache being the first. Perhaps a design that incorporates graphics that honor the first cache as well as something that signifies Maine and Geocachingmaine.org.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    For those interested in a 2011 maine geocoin we are looking for designs to be submitted. If you have a design or an idea for a coin please post it here. We will be taking input and designs untill 1/10/2010. This should be enough time for everyone to have a chance to give their input and or designs. With a deadline on designs this should help to expedite the beginning stages of the coin.

In the interest of completing this project in a timely manner, this thread will be closely monitored and moderated. All off-topic or personal remarks will be removed.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.