vb:literal>

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    So my idea on the continuation of the anniversary idea was to have a cache placed as a commemorative cache. This might be placed as the first cache of 2011 (Or the first cache of 1/2/11, which is really 10 years after Maine's first cache was placed) by a chosen individual or placed by this site's account. This cache could then be featured on the coin. I like this idea less after pondering it for a day, mostly because it might not be right to honor a cache which has not stood the test of time.

Either way, it is an idea to ponder nonetheless.

this has gotten me to think of a different project but i will pm brdad on this and we will see where that goes...

the idea of the coin being an anniversery is a very good one. we don't have to honor the first cache maybe just the sport of caching in maine
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Exactly, Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    we don't have to honor the first cache maybe just the sport of caching in maine
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I thought that was the intention when our second coin was made. We were going to change the theme each time. We did the coast on the first coin. We did the northern Maine woods on the second. The third coin got off track a little but it is an awesome coin.
    Blazing Troll

Is that the 2009 coin?

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    The third coin got off track a little but it is an awesome coin.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Is that the 2009 coin?
    Yes, that is the one I am referring to.
    Blazing Troll

well to get on track we could use the white mountains for the western maine area or the farthest point east for the eastern but i would not use anything in central maine for an central located theme for i feel not even augusta is worth mentioning.

Winter scenes have been mentioned, the 10th anniversary is Jan 2nd, perhaps a snowflake shape?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

In keeping with the anniversary theme, it doesn't necessarily have to be a specific area. Let's say, something like a coin in the shape of Maine. On the back is a pine tree with a chickadee (state tree and state bird) and on the front a silhouette of a cacher/hiker and wording honoring the 10 year mark of caching in Maine.

well to get on track we could use the white mountains for the western maine area or the farthest point east for the eastern but i would not use anything in central maine for an central located theme for i feel not even augusta is worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    In keeping with the anniversary theme, it doesn't necessarily have to be a specific area. Let's say, something like a coin in the shape of Maine. On the back is a pine tree with a chickadee (state tree and state bird) and on the front a silhouette of a cacher/hiker and wording honoring the 10 year mark of caching in Maine.
    try getting this drawn up i can see your idea but i would like to see it. it is definately something to submit.

"Drawing" this up by me is not something anyone would want to see . I'll work on it over the next few weeks.

try getting this drawn up i can see your idea but i would like to see it. it is definately something to submit.