vb:literal>

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

I'm not sure the existence of the sign on one other coin should be a determining factor if we're having a moose on the other side which has been used on several coins.

However, we could replace the sign with a tree and have the moose hiding behind that. But I'm not sure how we'd place the GC codes on the other side - having them carved into the tree does not depict geocaching well in my opinion.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

moose tattoos?
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    moose tattoos?
    Where's the like button?

I have nothing against moose tattoos, as long as you can prove the moose consented.

However, this thread is about a coin!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default You fail to understand......

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I have nothing against moose tattoos, as long as you can prove the moose consented.

However, this thread is about a coin!
    ....tattoo the information on the moose.

On his antler.
    also There is Mapachis Pinecone Idea.
    and the Wild Turkeys have been making their daily pilgramage around here. that's an idea. There is so much that represents Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    also There is Mapachis Pinecone Idea.
    Or a Mapachi Apple. They're scattered all over Maine.

OK.....my last input then I'll shut up and wait until whatever you all decide on comes out and then probably buy one just because.

- I threw the moose into the fray because it does, indeed, represent Maine. So does a
    lobster, a light house, fishing, the shape of Maine, etc.
    - I intentionally chose the moose cut out (see my pic) because THAT is what would
    make it unique. Put a moose as part of a square or rectangular coin = Boring to me.
    - Sure there are several "moose" themed coins, mostly head shots. Show me one that
    is actually shaped like a moose (full body).
    - Too fragile? Moose crap. Four legs would be very durable. Numereous coins out
    there with cut outs.
    - More expensive than a round or square coin? How much more expensive per coin
    do you think it would be?
    - A pine tree behind it is possible, but, it would have to be small one. Otherwise the
    moose would end up being small.

Last time, then I'll quiet: Moose, sign that says Maine 10 Years, some warm and fuzzy comment on the back, and the tracking number (on the back this time, not the front!)

I'll second that nomination....Go Dan

Sounds good. I like the cutout moose. I think a pine tree behind the moose would add stability if that is a concern. Also the wording on the back sounds like a great idea.

If a pine tree was just slightly larger than the moose the dangling pine cones would fit right in. I like the plain moose cutout idea the best with wording on the back.

How much would these tiny pine cones cost? And how long would they be available?
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 10-30-2010 at 11:59 AM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.