vb:literal>

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Default Dan's Idea ......

Worked on this for Dan's Idea.
    what are your thoughts?
    opalsns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRONT.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BACK.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	534  

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Ah, I think Ft. Williams was on the Maine coins in the past - for that I would pass. If you want to sell these - to other than out own, think about what others would find neat, unusual and collectible. IMHO
    I think Dan's original idea - the cut-out moose standing alone - would be unusual.

I like facets of all the ideas, 10 year; moose, pine cone, etc. I like the Moose on Opalson's interpretation of Dan's as well as the ammo can. Somewhere we do need to credit this site, however, and that would be an easy add-on for most any coin. The question is, is there enough interest in a 2011 coin now and is anyone willing to help organize the process?

For those that do not know what we have made for coins in the past and those that can't quite remember, I just scanned both sides of all thee coins for reference.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maine_05-07-09_Geocoins(blurred).jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	535  
    Last edited by brdad; 10-17-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

If anyone has an extra 2005 and / or 2009 geocoin they would like to sell please let me know

A pine cone on one side and on the other side; the words "I found this 2011 Maine Pine Coin in the Puckerbrush!"

How's that for different? The Maine Pine Coin. A Pine coin shaped like a pine cone.

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    If anyone has an extra 2005 and / or 2009 geocoin they would like to sell please let me know
    I just sold my last extra set of the 3 coins to a new cacher. Sorry, he asked first. Perhaps someone else has a few spares?

Funny part is, I was looking for Lee's 3 coins so I could scan the front of my 3 and the back of her three in one scan, and she said she never got a 2007 one, and it was not in her collection. I could not imagine I didn't make sure she got one - and to think I just sold the last spare I had I felt like a dog! I was thinking I was going to have to go beat up this new cacher to get the 2007 coin back! Fortunately, I got redemption by finding hers mistakenly placed in the jar with her sig items. whew!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I just sold my last extra set of the 3 coins to a new cacher. Sorry, he asked first. Perhaps someone else has a few spares?

Funny part is, I was looking for Lee's 3 coins so I could scan the front of my 3 and the back of her three in one scan, and she said she never got a 2007 one, and it was not in her collection. I could not imagine I didn't make sure she got one - and to think I just sold the last spare I had I felt like a dog! I was thinking I was going to have to go beat up this new cacher to get the 2007 coin back! Fortunately, I got redemption by finding hers mistakenly placed in the jar with her sig items. whew!
    LOL - so she had them afterall???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    LOL - so she had them afterall???!!!
    Yes she did, lucky me!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    A pine cone on one side and on the other side; the words "I found this 2011 Maine Pine Coin in the Puckerbrush!"

How's that for different? The Maine Pine Coin. A Pine coin shaped like a pine cone.
    And have it open on a hinge and have it hold a GEOCACHING MAINE pathtag

Default Need some help or constructive criticism on a 2011 design?

I have only scanned this thread thus far.. but I have to say that there are plenty of Moose themed coins out there right now... Moose on the Loose, Elchrich Elch, etc..

If there are some ideas out there that anyone would like to see (that is agreed upon with a consensus), I'd be happy to put it together.

Let me know

~Jim