vb:literal>

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    If anyone has an extra 2005 and / or 2009 geocoin they would like to sell please let me know
    I still have a few 2007 coins and a BUNCH of 2009 coins left. PM me if you are interested.

I heard recently that Geocaching Tattoo's are now trackable with their own icon...maybe we should all get together, pool our funds and get matching tattoos! We could sell trackable "fake" tattoo's to the ones from away.

Can't you picture it at an event....everybody sharing a looksie at their "special" tattoo.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I heard recently that Geocaching Tattoo's are now trackable with their own icon...maybe we should all get together, pool our funds and get matching tattoos! We could sell trackable "fake" tattoo's to the ones from away.

Can't you picture it at an event....everybody sharing a looksie at their "special" tattoo.

LOL
    LOL - there are tattoo parties. How would that be for an event?! A GeoTattoo Party.....hum.........would that beat the mid-winter blues?

I can't believe I'm getting back into this, but, I'll offer up another one. I obviously cannot draw/edit/design anything well on a computer....but there are others here who can. The back of the coin could be antique bronze, maybe orange peel tectured, (I don't know how to blank out the moose). Once again, just offering up a suggestion.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I can't believe I'm getting back into this, but, I'll offer up another one. I obviously cannot draw/edit/design anything well on a computer....but there are others here who can. The back of the coin could be antique bronze, maybe orange peel tectured, (I don't know how to blank out the moose). Once again, just offering up a suggestion.
    I think that's a keeper, Dan. Maybe a pine tree in the background.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    I think that's a keeper, Dan. Maybe a pine tree in the background.
    And it looked like it was on a square background - hum, that could be interesting.......a square coin.

I hadn't intended for it to be a square coin but I suppse it could be. I was envisioning the shape of the moose to be the shape of the coin, air between the legs, etc. Also, The sign on the front needs some better artwork with the numbers and words. Finally, (need an opinion here) .... should it read "10 years of caching the scenic beauty of Maine" ? Or would that make the lettering too small to read? Thoughts?

Another thought: Should the sign on the front say Maine
    10 Years

Then put 2011 (numbers raised) on the back, lower left corner, next to the tracking numbers?

That should have been

Maine
    10 Years

The thought to the square coin is round or square and not a squiggly cut out shape lends to less expensive molds and a more durable coin. The the actual cost on the Maine shaped coin done by Cache Maine and me was fairly expensive due to the irregular shape. It was a solid shape, however, with nothing to break off like legs and horns. And of course size and thickness effects it too. Just a thought.

A Geocaching requirement would be something about Track at www.geocaching.com (and that must be on there somewhere). Check out the number of letters and amount of writing on some of the coins in your collection Dad - that will give you a good guideline.

And then - metals, colors, types of colors.......if we move on with this design.

Has anyone out there projected a time line? Chinese New Year will be here before we know it.