vb:literal>

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

just something to play with...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moosecoin1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moosecoin2.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	541  

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yes she did, lucky me!
    Lucky you!!! Sounds more like lucky me!!!! hahaha

I think square is good...it's a little different. Cutout of the moose itself, as Hollora mentioned would lend itself to higher cost, but would be unique. For the wording, I believe there has to be a connection. For example "Maine" and "10 Years" needs to be tied in. Something like :"10 Years of Maine Caching" etc.
    Opalsns' design looks good. Perhaps some more detail in the antlers and have him look like he went thru a lean winter.....more detail in the body.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I like the square better too (or rectangular if it fits the moose better)
    . I also like the signpost with the 10 years of Maine caching.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I like the square better too (or rectangular if it fits the moose better)
    . I also like the signpost with the 10 years of Maine caching.
    And another option is to use the outline of the state. It has been done once but really identifies where the coin is from. Some of our cost came with the fills we used and the different combinations. A moose on the state shape with some of the less expensive fills OR - no color at all might be nice. Say copper??? That might be a wow with a moose...........

Not that we live in Maine or anything, but Ben would be very pleased to have a copper Maine coin. Seeing as how he's all obsessed with copper currency and everything...

Dan's Idea - YES
    Square - YES
    Copper - YES

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Dan's Idea - YES
    Square - YES
    Copper - YES
    If you don't stop being agreeable someone is going to suspect you've been possessed!

Square would be unique for our coin. Copper is nice too. I do ponder GeocoinDesign.com's statement about there being many moose coins.

What about if one side had the moose, and the other side celebrated the ten years, perhaps by mimicking Maine's famous road sign, but with the CG codes of the first cache placed every year? Distances could be from some agreed upon place, like the geographic center of Maine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10yearcdcodes.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	543  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I like square, copper, moose on one side and the sign on the other. I am not artistic so I can only offer my opinion.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If you don't stop being agreeable someone is going to suspect you've been possessed!

Square would be unique for our coin. Copper is nice too. I do ponder GeocoinDesign.com's statement about there being many moose coins.

What about if one side had the moose, and the other side celebrated the ten years, perhaps by mimicking Maine's famous road sign, but with the CG codes of the first cache placed every year? Distances could be from some agreed upon place, like the geographic center of Maine.

I love the sign! (I could care less about a moose unless you guys have already decided on a moose, but didn't we have a moose on a coin a couple of years ago?)
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!