vb:literal>

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Square coin, on one side a QR code that will bring you to this site and what ever you want on other side, for example a QR code that will bring you to the geocaching site to log the coin. You can even incorporate a picture of a moose into QR code with some limitations.
    Moo

She here is a question for GeocoinDesign.com, since cano has pushed this idea. Interesting to know, whether it was decided to use on this coin or not.

About how small could a "21 module size" QR code be minted onto a coin, like the one below, and still have it decodable by a phone?

Last edited by brdad; 10-26-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

On www.prepressure.com there is a discussion on QR code. They are referencing a white paper stating the minimum recommended is 1.25x1.25" so that all camera phones can focus on it. Apparently some camera auto-focus won't work on a smaller target. They do say that the latest models can read QR codes less than .4" square.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    She here is a question for GeocoinDesign.com, since cano has pushed this idea. Interesting to know, whether it was decided to use on this coin or not.

About how small could a "21 module size" QR code be minted onto a coin, like the one below, and still have it decodable by a phone?

I can still decode image half of this size from the screen, so I guess minting process will be the limiting factor.
    Moo

If you don't stop being agreeable someone is going to suspect you've been possessed!

Square would be unique for our coin. Copper is nice too. I do ponder GeocoinDesign.com's statement about there being many moose coins.

What about if one side had the moose, and the other side celebrated the ten years, perhaps by mimicking Maine's famous road sign, but with the CG codes of the first cache placed every year? Distances could be from some agreed upon place, like the geographic center of Maine.

Square, copper, Dan's idea and the sign post. Book it Danno...
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Square, copper, Dan's idea and the sign post. Book it Danno...
    Sheesh! Someone obviously likes the remakes of old TV programs! LOL!

In August 1970, I went to Hawaii on R&R from Vietnam and met my (then) girlfriend there. She just had to see all the scenic spots she'd seen recently on Hawaii 5-O. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

In August 1970, I went to Hawaii on R&R from Vietnam and met my (then) girlfriend there. She just had to see all the scenic spots she'd seen recently on Hawaii 5-O. LOL!
    It's actually a new program, too. The new version is not too bad either, Lee likes it. I generally follow along while surfing at my computer....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It's actually a new program, too. The new version is not too bad either, Lee likes it. I generally follow along while surfing at my computer....
    Yes - like I said - someone likes REMAKES of old TV programs. Sheesh! I'll bet PM25780 wasn't even born in 1970! LOL!

I'll bet PM25780 wasn't even born in 1970! LOL!
    Sold. I'll go with that.

Haven't watched the remake yet, used to occasionally watch the original. The theme song never gets old, however.