vb:literal>

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I don't have one left but I think my daughter has one she activated - you coming to Mainiac1957's event. I can ask her to bring hers - or if she doesn't make it - to let me have hers for the day. And I think Kayakerinme has one too. It is a pretty coin and lots of options.
    I do have one but not activated. Send me a reminder and I'll bring it north to the last cache bashe.

i am trying to get that day off. i would like to see one of the coins in person.

rick i got one of those designs stuck in my head i might need some help again.

after reading i get the feeling some people are leaning towards a anniversary coin are there any other ideas out there? speak up let us know..
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    rick i got one of those designs stuck in my head i might need some help again.
    Not a problem just let me know.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    not a problem just let me know.
    i am working on the rough sketch then i will try to scan it in

just a reminder to keep this moving along. any suggestions for the 2011 coin are welcome if you have an idea put it in. this is only the begining stage. so any ideas are welcome.

Hi

I have an idea and I am attaching an image to show what I was thinking, but the image is very rough. I only spent about 30 minutes on it... I just want a way to show what I am thinking. It may end up being too busy for a small coin, so I don't know if it would even work out.

Basically, my idea is that we poll members of the board to suggest items (caching related or Maine related) that come to mind when they think of their Geocaching in Maine experiences. Then we include all of those items, or the top however many repeated items, inside the image of a map of Maine.

For my example, I included a lobster trap, lighthouse, snow covered mountains, tent, ammo boxes, pine trees, moose and lobster.

Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coin.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	398  

i like this idea too. the moose looks like it was smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    Hi

I have an idea and I am attaching an image to show what I was thinking, but the image is very rough. I only spent about 30 minutes on it... I just want a way to show what I am thinking. It may end up being too busy for a small coin, so I don't know if it would even work out.

Basically, my idea is that we poll members of the board to suggest items (caching related or Maine related) that come to mind when they think of their Geocaching in Maine experiences. Then we include all of those items, or the top however many repeated items, inside the image of a map of Maine.

For my example, I included a lobster trap, lighthouse, snow covered mountains, tent, ammo boxes, pine trees, moose and lobster.

Thoughts?
    I like that design but I think it is to busy. That may be to much to all fit on the coin in any detail. Will have to hear from Andy on this one.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I like that design but I think it is to busy. That may be to much to all fit on the coin in any detail. Will have to hear from Andy on this one.
    I agree with Rick. This looks great on my screen when it's 10" high, but lots of the detail would have to be simplified or lost sizing to a coin. A few clear details work better than lots of them. I do like the lobster trap acting as a texture fill for the bottom of the state, maybe 1 or 2 images filling the state in a 3d sculpted look?

OK,
    I'd like to make a suggestion, Not for me because I'm not entering any coin designs, but
    Maybe the winning coin designer from the prior Minted coin , in this case being HFTK,
    take the next coin off and let Rick help someone else with their design so someone like benandtina or anyone else have a fair chance at a winning design. I like B+Ts idea. With your knowledge, Rick, and computer software, can you help them? Maybe bring the design into scale????

Opalsns