vb:literal>

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Thanks for the feedback everyone After I read the comments I thought to shrink my idea down and see what it looks like at 1.25 inches... it's pretty bad, haha. I lost the moose's smiley face and the mountains look like ocean. Don't worry, I'll keep fooling with my idea and see if I can come up with something more appropriate to enter!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    OK,
    I'd like to make a suggestion, Not for me because I'm not entering any coin designs, but
    Maybe the winning coin designer from the prior Minted coin , in this case being HFTK,
    take the next coin off and let Rick help someone else with their design so someone like benandtina or anyone else have a fair chance at a winning design. I like B+Ts idea. With your knowledge, Rick, and computer software, can you help them? Maybe bring the design into scale????

Opalsns
    Didn't think this was a competion, I think they are just requesting any ideas from everyone. Why don't you want to submit any ideas anyway?. You seem to have a knack for coming up with ideas on your own personal coins and I'm sure any ideas from you on the next Maine coin will be unique as well. This is the Maine geocoin and not just an individuals.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Didn't think this was a competion, I think they are just requesting any ideas from everyone. Why don't you want to submit any ideas anyway?.
    I fully agree. This is NOT a competition to design a coin, with a "winning" design. Anyone can suggest a design, and the members can suggest changes or additions. What we are soliciting are idea - not a final coin design.

It will ultimately be up to the GCM.org members to decide what they want on the geocoin. The advisory board should be there to limit neverending debate on the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Didn't think this was a competion, I think they are just requesting any ideas from everyone. Why don't you want to submit any ideas anyway?. You seem to have a knack for coming up with ideas on your own personal coins and I'm sure any ideas from you on the next Maine coin will be unique as well. This is the Maine geocoin and not just an individuals.

Read my post again Haffy.

I recommended not having repeat winners and asked Rick if he could help B+T with their design. No War declared.
    And I make my own coins. I don't want to make a Maine coin. I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

In the end, it's a competition on who's design gets voted in, or there would not be a need for a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I fully agree. This is NOT a competition to design a coin, with a "winning" design. Anyone can suggest a design, and the members can suggest changes or additions. What we are soliciting are idea - not a final coin design.

It will ultimately be up to the GCM.org members to decide what they want on the geocoin. The advisory board should be there to limit neverending debate on the design.

OH, I see. This coin will be designed on this thread with everyone suggesting ideas and then Maybe Rick or someone with the software will put it all together and show us the outcome and if there should be a change, it would be the change that gets voted on? There won't be a final 5 or 6 coin ideas and folks vote for the one they like, like last coin.
    Did I say that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    There won't be a final 5 or 6 coin ideas and folks vote for the one they like, like last coin.
    I'm not running the show, but this is exactly the way I envision it. While the members might really like one submission, I would hope that proposed geocoins offered here are NOT offered as "take it or leave it" designs. And I don't think I'm expressing myself well tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I'm not running the show, but this is exactly the way I envision it. While the members might really like one submission, I would hope that proposed geocoins offered here are NOT offered as "take it or leave it" designs. And I don't think I'm expressing myself well tonight...

That's OK , the weekend is almost here!!!!!!!

Correct, if we came up with several ideas we might have to vote on them. No one is a winner or has the winning design. It is not a competition. One person may have an idea everyone likes, or maybe several ideas will be incorporated into one design. That is the whole idea for this discussion. No one even needs to have an entire coin idea, if you think it should be a Winter scene, suggest it, if you suggest it should be a moose shape, suggest that. If you have an idea for an entire coin design, by all means submit that - just be willing to have others suggest modifications.

The more input we can get from a larger number of members, the more the coin represents us as a group.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-03-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Much better way to do it!!!!!!!!!

If I May suggest...

No Black or "gun metal'
    Maine is a beautiful State Chock Full of color. Making the state so dark, is Morbid to me.
    What about a coin Shaped like a lighthouse , the top area could have the windows removed if there is a need to attach it to something. Or a Pine cone that's hinged Like LT Cache.Or how about a coin size # 10 and pics that represent Maine could be put on the numbers and on the back ...
    MAINE
    Celebrating
    10 years
    of
    GeoCaching

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Correct, if we came up with several ideas we might have to vote on them. No one is a winner or has the winning design. It is not a competition. One person may have an idea everyone likes, or maybe several ideas will be incorporated into one design. That is the whole idea for this discussion. No one even needs to have an entire coin idea, if you think it should be a Winter scene, suggest it, if you suggest it should be a moose shape, suggest that. If you have an idea for an entire coin design, by all means submit that - just be willing to have others suggest modifications.

The more input we can get from a larger number of members, the more the coin represents us as a group.
    Sheesh! This is what I was trying to say! LOL!