Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maine Animals

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    . However..... I haven't checked out Hiram's footprints yet. Could someone send me a photo of one?
    A footprint found near Hiram's mailbox. This photo was taken shortly after Hiram checked his mail.

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

I have to agree not that I listen to Haffy's sound track. It does not sound like a coon if that is the sound your hearing. A coon is more like a screaming sound.
    Blazing Troll

I still think it's a fisher. It's not a feline track, I spent one winter tracking bobcats all over the woods around here (just for fun, I like to track animals, especially in the snow). And it moves too fast for a porky and doesn't sound at all like a raccoon. But the audio that was in Haffy's link sounds exactly like it. However..... I haven't checked out Hiram's footprints yet. Could someone send me a photo of one?

And Charron can apparently tell stories about a "lugaroo", or at least her father did.... so maybe she'll tell us campfire stories at the Eustis event? Maybe we'll have a best scary story competition!
    If you follow the links I posted there are pictures of fishers too.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    A footprint found near Hiram's mailbox. This photo was taken shortly after Hiram checked his mail.

Oddly enough that was also the same night FFJ dropped a 6pack of Guinness off at my house...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If you follow the links I posted there are pictures of fishers too.
    Yes, I know what fishers look like, I just never get to see this guy because he only comes when it's pitch dark and I don't feel like running after him with a flashlight! He just doesn't sound that friendly. I did see a marten once, a very beautiful animal. And there are mink around and a weasel at times at my "feeding stump". And fox, coyotes, and raccoons by the dozen, and bear...

By the way, nice footprint, Hiram! But it doesn't look like the track I found, so the best guess is still fisher.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

KL, have you given thought to using a "motion detector" camera?

Yes, I know what fishers look like, I just never get to see this guy because he only comes when it's pitch dark and I don't feel like running after him with a flashlight! He just doesn't sound that friendly. I did see a marten once, a very beautiful animal. And there are mink around and a weasel at times at my "feeding stump". And fox, coyotes, and raccoons by the dozen, and bear...
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Or wolfs bane.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    KL, have you given thought to using a "motion detector" camera?
    Game trail cameras are awesome!! Just as we all discovered the downfall in going from film to digital, and having to deal w/the delay in shooting... the same applies. There are some game cams that have a quicker and much better response time. Keep that in mind when researching/purchasing. Otherwise you'll only be catching pictures of the the backside at best.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Cuddeback makes probably one of the best game cameras.

http://www.cuddeback.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Or wolfs bane.

Ahhh, it's good to be back in Maine. Plus our caches do not have cockroaches in them.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?