vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Maine Animals

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the fisher (although I realize that every animal has its place just like people -- although the word is still out on Hiram ) . . . I had a cat many years ago -- Patches -- that was mauled by a fisher. She survived, but I'll never forget how she was tore open -- intestines exposed. Lucky to survive, but she was never the same after that experience as it traumatized her . . . you would pet her and she would just glower at you and purr and then hiss at the same time . . . spent most of the rest of her life just glowering at us from the top of the steps or behind the hallway french door.
    Woah that is rough. That must have been hard to go through. I have always been one of the types of people that feels that pets become more than pets and become more like family members. I definitely feel for ya.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the fisher (although I realize that every animal has its place just like people -- although the word is still out on Hiram ) . . . I had a cat many years ago -- Patches -- that was mauled by a fisher. She survived, but I'll never forget how she was tore open -- intestines exposed. Lucky to survive, but she was never the same after that experience as it traumatized her . . . you would pet her and she would just glower at you and purr and then hiss at the same time . . . spent most of the rest of her life just glowering at us from the top of the steps or behind the hallway french door.
    That's so sad I'm sorry you had to go through that! I can't imagine.

Thanks BenandTina and Team V3 . . . this happened several years ago though . . . and Patches has since gone up to the great catnip field in the sky.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."