Let me preface this by saying that my son was given a new kayak for his birthday and suddenly our use of the kayaks had taken off. We did the Saco river in N.H. plus we did some of Kayaking Loons island caches on Flagstaff lake. Today I kayaked to two new caches on McGrath pond in Oakland and got a FTF on one.

Now that I have rediscovered my kayak I decided to go onto GC.com and run a PQ with the boat icon and discovered about 300 kayak ready caches in the state.

On my flight home from Dallas last night I thought about the Alphanumeric challange and the Centrum challange and thought that it might be kind of fun to create a kayak, or island challange. Actually while kayaking tonight I thought about it more. In fact, I'm strongly considering purchasing some pathtags to send to cachers who complete the challange.

I've come up with a design for the pathtag and will probably send the order out soon.

Any thoughts, advice or points? Basically I was thinking of making it retroactive, allowing any type of boat, and if people are brave enough to walk across ice (I did this last winter and had a blast) I think that the effort is good. I was thinking of making it either a 25 or 50 cache challange.

Tell me what you think.