vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for a summer event

Default Ideas for a summer event

We have been toying with the idea of having a weekend camping caching event. There are many details to work out, such as; where, how long, activities for the event, etc. We having been thinking about finding a camp site with walking trails nearby, and having a multi-cache hunt for prizes. We would like to have some feedback from anyone who may be interested in participating in such an event, any other ideas to help it run smoothly, or just some general comments about it. Thanks.....Mrs. Neon

Wow....now this is my kind of event....let me know if there's anything we can do....I love camping !!....camping and caching....awesome !!

Default Fun!!

Sounds like it would be great fun! I would definitely join in if I were able to - will, of course depend on the weekend it took place. Your activity ideas sound great. I don't think the entire time would have to be filled with caching - particularly if there are other caches in the area. Time to get together and just hang out and also spend some time around a fire would be fantastic!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thats What we are thinking. Maybe at a lake of something do some fishing, canoeing or just hangout by the bon fire. I would love to make this happen if there is enough interest. We Have never hosted an event and arn't real sure where to start either. I guess finding a location would be a good start.

Let us know if we can help you out. I've never planned an event either but you sound like you have some great ideas. Maybe something in the North Maine Woods...we could cache with the lions, tigers and bears...oh my!

Wow. Sounds like fun. Mr. Neon I told you I would help if we got a date that I was not doing anything. We also have a canoe and two kayaks that we will bring for people to use.
    Blazing Troll

There is a lot of interest. I bet it will be the biggest event in Maine history!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Let us know if we can help you out. I've never planned an event either but you sound like you have some great ideas. Maybe something in the North Maine Woods...we could cache with the lions, tigers and bears...oh my!
    And with the mosquitoes, black flies and no-see-ums, oh my gosh!!!

We love camping! Didn't get to do much last summer but are planning to get out more this summer. All our gear is ready, let us know where and when!

Well now, I guess there is a lot of interest in a weekend event. Now all we need is a place to have it. I took a quick look for campgrounds in the area and as you could have quessed they cost money to say there, so my question to all of you is. how much is too much? or do you know of another place we could use for free?

Mr. neon