vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dot

Hybrid View

Default Dot

The DOT is working on a section of road near one of my caches and yesterday we noticed that they were starting to replace guardrails. So when they got through work for the day I dashed down to retrieve the cache and temporarily disable it. But when I got there, I was too late. There was a shiny new guardrail. But then I went and looked and guess what? They had very carefully replaced the cache for me in the new section, even a good hide! Bless their little DOT hearts! Maybe it wasn't the first GRC they had seen??? You think.....????
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

KL - that is very cool!

Awwww! That's so nice of them! Too cool!

Gotta talk to the DOT folks down this way. I think they enjoy tossing them!

Great progress, if it can spread.

Woohoo.......there is hope after all !!!
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Lucky for all of you I don't work for the DOT!

But it is good they took the time to put it back. I imagine most of the time they don't even know anything is in there, and if it falls out they assume it's trash.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    The DOT is working on a section of road near one of my caches and yesterday we noticed that they were starting to replace guardrails. So when they got through work for the day I dashed down to retrieve the cache and temporarily disable it. But when I got there, I was too late. There was a shiny new guardrail. But then I went and looked and guess what? They had very carefully replaced the cache for me in the new section, even a good hide! Bless their little DOT hearts! Maybe it wasn't the first GRC they had seen??? You think.....????
    I am impressed. Who knows, one of the people working there may have been a cacher.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Default Dot

I think it makes a difference how the cache is marked. If it has the Groundspeak decals, or is otherwise properly identified as a cache as recommended, the DOT will know what to do. I have a supervisor as a client and friend and they are fully aware of the game and have no issues whatsoever. I know Jean marks her caches well.

Always like to hear some positive stories like this! And if you want to see "unusual" caches, try South Florida where we are right now! Gators, snakes, fire ants..."Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" Add 97 degrees and high humidity to the deal and you're talking some tough caching! Fun, though.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I think it makes a difference how the cache is marked. If it has the Groundspeak decals, or is otherwise properly identified as a cache as recommended, the DOT will know what to do. I have a supervisor as a client and friend and they are fully aware of the game and have no issues whatsoever. I know Jean marks her caches well.

Always like to hear some positive stories like this! And if you want to see "unusual" caches, try South Florida where we are right now! Gators, snakes, fire ants..."Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" Add 97 degrees and high humidity to the deal and you're talking some tough caching! Fun, though.

HUMPH! Big deal! It's 97 degrees and high humidity here too! Odd though, I think all the misquitos have died from heat stroke or something! I haven't seen one for days! NOT EVEN ONE ON YOUR YORKTOWN SERIES EITHER!!!!

I too Had my GRC cache replaced after the snow plows crushed the end of the guardrail. DOT replaced it and my cache which is a hard find.....