vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Fellow JEEP Cachers in Southern Maine

As mentioned in a previous post, when I bought my 2nd CJ 5, I remembered why I sold the 1st CJ 5 . Having said that and having ridden in Brad's Killer Bee Jeep, the is no comparison to the Jeeps of the 60's & 70's. I understand they have heat in them now......
    Sticking with my P/U.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ahhh yes, the good ol jeep vs truck argument. having owned jeeps and having owned trucks. I can honestly say they each have their place, but since I currently own a truck I'm batting for that team....
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Next to the winch, this has to be the most important thing to have with you. It's gotten me out of a jam or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    ...and a 60" Hi-lift jack.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    And where do SUVs fit into the picture . . . I mean real SUVs with skid plates, tow points and real ground clearance . . . not yuppie mobiles for hauling around groceries and soccer kids?

On a serious note . . . it's good to hear from you . . . I was a bit worried to not see you here or on Facebook.
    Well, I'd say given the size of your 4runner it would fit into the truck category, and it has proven itself on more than one ocassion
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And where do SUVs fit into the picture . . . I mean real SUVs with skid plates, tow points and real ground clearance . . . not yuppie mobiles for hauling around groceries and soccer kids?
    Oh you mean like my Honda CR-V?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks for all the postings! I had an 08 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited but I flooded it last summer.... ha ha. I wasn't into caching at that time. The 2door in my opinion may not have as much room as my old 4 door but it is more off road capable. I am actually taking it out in a bit to place some caches. I did some research on a trail I know around here, and had to find out if it was owned by the Rachel Carson Fish and Wildlife Dept from the Feds. The have signs on the trail on the SIDES of the trail but after researching it and looking at their own maps, the trail is not their property. Their property runs the length of the trail but they do not know own it. It helps to know how to read a map!

by the way, check out my Jeep and off road vides on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/longlivenikon

Thanks for posting the link Chadd. I used to be a VW desert rail kinda guy, and my son missed out on that part of my life. So now we dream build, anticipating the day we'll own a rubicon. We're loving the videos.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Sheesh, Jake! I just noticed your comment in the latter part of the thread...

Seems to me I hauled you around in my "yuppie mobile" Explorer one time - and you didn't have any complaints at all! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh, Jake! I just noticed your comment in the latter part of the thread...

Seems to me I hauled you around in my "yuppie mobile" Explorer one time - and you didn't have any complaints at all! LOL!
    I was too scared with all of the high speed driving on the dirt roads to say anything. Besides, I would never think of you as a soccer mom.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    As mentioned in a previous post, when I bought my 2nd CJ 5, I remembered why I sold the 1st CJ 5 . Having said that and having ridden in Brad's Killer Bee Jeep, the is no comparison to the Jeeps of the 60's & 70's. I understand they have heat in them now......
    Sticking with my P/U.
    I have always had a love/hate relationship with my old Jeep Wrangler that I had before I bought the 4Runner . . .

I loved it on hot summer days with the top down . . . but hated it when it was in middle of the winter, the heat was barely adequate to defrost the windows much less keep warm.

I loved going down the dirt roads in 4WD . . . but hated the fact that the short wheel base made keeping it in 4WD pretty much a necessity during the winter.

I loved being a Jeep owner with the Jeep wave . . . but hated the fact that it was in the garage so much for broken things . . . things like blown engines and dead windshield wiper motors (something I have never heard anyone having a problem with in any other make of vehicle.)

I loved being able to take the doors off and running around with nothing on but my bikini (the Jeep's bikini that is) . . . but hated the fact that there was no room to store stuff securely . . . heck, no room to store stuff period . . . heck, not much room for passengers.

Honestly, on hot summer days I think it would be fun to own one of the old CJs . . . but then I realize just how functional my 4Runner is on a daily basis.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."